Nightmares....

The Milkman

I've been out of ups over a year and I still wake up from ups nightmares. Damn u brown...

Had some scary dreams for quite a while after I retired that I was back on the road, waking up feeling soooo relieved. Can't imagine how I made it to the finish line now seeing the added pressure put on todays drivers.. From 50lb pkgs and on paper to telematics, cameras etc..That alone is Scary for todays newbies

Nostromo

Had a few dreams of feeder drivers hooking up and my walls crashing down on me. And those damn intercept/misload sounds.

Sent using Morse code

Packmule

Still working, but it's been a while since I had nightmares. Usually, it's winter, I just raced back to the bld to drop pickups and pulled out onto the lot to sort down remaining stops. When I'm finally done lining them up, the truck looks like it did when I left that morning! Only now it's dark, colder, and I ain't never gonna see home again!

Nimnim

The Nim
Can't say I've had any nightmares, since that would imply fear, but I'm sure I've had a few weird dreams that involved UPS. It's a job and I just treat it as another part of the day, even if I don't enjoy it often enough.

Worst case if I wake up from a dream involving UPS, I look at the clock and roll back over.

Omega man

Had some scary dreams for quite a while after I retired that I was back on the road, waking up feeling soooo relieved. Can't imagine how I made it to the finish line now seeing the added pressure put on todays drivers.. From 50lb pkgs and on paper to telematics, cameras etc..That alone is Scary for todays newbies
There are always means to defeat their nonsense. Remember, it's not what time you finish, it's what time you punch out.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
A lot of folks have nightmares on this job. I had one when I was package driving that it got around to about 5pm, and my package car still had the same amount of packages in in and I was about to start my pickups. Carried over into feeders. There is a big bridge going into Lake Charles. 50 mph leading to it. I was terrified I'd have to downshift going up this huge bridge and miss the shift and had to start over. I'm old school. Never had any of the electronic stuff they have today. No diad, no telematics. I think I would have to drag up if I was a driver these days.