No accordian boxes are gonna be loaded in my truck!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So once in a while these preloaders just put an accordian ~ crushed box on my pallet. I know they're trained to put crushed, leaking, or sounds like broken glass boxes aside for other specialized warehouse workers to check them... so WTF? !?
images

U want something like that greeting you at your front porch after a hard day's work?

Not i, i slide it under the belt for a QA clerk to repack it as i load~sort my parcels for the day... customers will blame the frontline employee, the driver, for ever letting something like that get out to the final destination.

I sorta work in a BOG since all these fine customers in my area doesnt deserve a crappy box like that, even if its just a washcloth or towel inside.

What say thee?

OrioN

Not if there is a complaint filed. It'll hurt me in the long run because i wont get my monthly bonus... im a HD driver, not ups, so i dont wanna waste my time doing DFUs for complaints like these.

Thats why there are warehouse agents to deal with it during the unload from the trailer to be sorted to the final destination.

Ive also had empy boxes on my pallet that obviously got stolen or the contents spilled out in a trailer during transit... sometimes, like in walmarts case, the qa clerk will let me send it out anyways. Customer calls walmart directly to get another. Item sent out if it got damaged.

I keep my day stress free for me and my customers (yea the BOG is good in this current area im servicing)

STFXG

Don't leave it under the belt. Load it and hit it with a code 10. It'll hurt their service and they will start to pay attention.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg
So once in a while these preloaders just put an accordian ~ crushed box on my pallet. I know they're trained to put crushed, leaking, or sounds like broken glass boxes aside for other specialized warehouse workers to check them... so WTF? !?
images

U want something like that greeting you at your front porch after a hard day's work?

Not i, i slide it under the belt for a QA clerk to repack it as i load~sort my parcels for the day... customers will blame the frontline employee, the driver, for ever letting something like that get out to the final destination.

I sorta work in a BOG since all these fine customers in my area doesnt deserve a crappy box like that, even if its just a washcloth or towel inside.

What say thee?

whenIgetthere

Don't leave it under the belt. Load it and hit it with a code 10. It'll hurt their service and they will start to pay attention.

I had a package destroyed a couple of months ago, perishable food, a mess. Got to my truck and the package is tied in a bag. I took it to the CSA, who was going to put a damaged scan on it and call the shipper. Manager said can't do that because the ramp didn't put a damage scan on it, so the station would get hit with the code. I said "Are you effing kidding me?" Manager said yes, have to take it on road and have them refuse it. So I put a damage scan on it, and took it to the recipient, and told them I had to have them refuse it. Guy asked me "Why even bother trying to deliver something in that condition?' I asked him to call the 800 number and file a complaint. He did, manager was p-ssed the next day. Ha, ha.

ManInBrown

Had one just this week. Package of clothing. High end. Sig required. NI1 first time. 2nd time EDN in board. Good customer. Nice tip at holidays. I felt bad, but because it was some type of clothing, I didn't think it was terrible. I'm still pretty sure when they got home they probably weren't thrilled

STFXG

I had a package destroyed a couple of months ago, perishable food, a mess. Got to my truck and the package is tied in a bag. I took it to the CSA, who was going to put a damaged scan on it and call the shipper. Manager said can't do that because the ramp didn't put a damage scan on it, so the station would get hit with the code. I said "Are you effing kidding me?" Manager said yes, have to take it on road and have them refuse it. So I put a damage scan on it, and took it to the recipient, and told them I had to have them refuse it. Guy asked me "Why even bother trying to deliver something in that condition?' I asked him to call the 800 number and file a complaint. He did, manager was p-ssed the next day. Ha, ha.
That's because a refusal doesn't hurt service numbers. A damage code hits them the same as a misload. They told me to do the same thing they told you once so I hit the package with a "contractor refused" code. That really pissed them off.

OrioN

Ah, so it's all about THEIR service numbers so THEY can get their bonus pay... got it now, thanks. So I'll just do what Ace Ventura did on that video i linked & to make the customer refuse it.

Like i have the room in my 400 cu ft uhaul to take damaged boxes for a ride, only to put a DEX 006 on em & bring it back to the CSA the next morning...

I had an honest box that started leaking laundry detergent while i was delivering. Scan a code 010 & bagged it to prevent that slippery stuff from contaminating other boxes. Apparently, the shipping. warehouse didnt pack it correctly (upside down from that the orientation double arrows show on the side of the box, so it wasnt our fault ).

I also had wooden shelf unit that said it was 32 lbs, but i seen it retaped on the end... when i lift it, noted it was too light. Peeked at the opening to only find 1particle wood slice with no hardware. Nope, i didnt load that in my truck.

That's one of the reasons i like HD. I can refuse to load crap on my truck unless they repack em. But now i know why they'll have me take it out on road just to make the customer refuse it so they can RTS to keep their bonus in check.

CJinx

That's because a refusal doesn't hurt service numbers. A damage code hits them the same as a misload. They told me to do the same thing they told you once so I hit the package with a "contractor refused" code. That really :censored2: them off.
Sounds like they're playing games with the ILS (inbound local service). Certain codes hit it while others don't; this is why you'll sometimes see management turn a blind eye to businesses getting an 07 instead of an 04 (or the station changes 04 to a 34 on VSA at night). An 06 looks better than a 10 as far as service is concerned, even if it does generate a negative customer experience. Service must really suck in that station if they're willing to put off doing a DPR for 24 hours just to make service look .0001% better.

I hope you gave that customer the name of the person that told you to try to deliver it anyway for their complaint. To be a fly on the wall during that closed door conversation... lol

That being said, take those boxes directly to QA; leave management out of the equation. Ops Admins don't have bonuses riding on station metrics so they will be less likely to try and protect station service. At most, they're lazy and don't want to do a repack or DPR. Both of these things take 5 minutes tops to do.

OrioN

So I put a damage scan on it, and took it to the recipient, and told them I had to have them refuse it. Guy asked me "Why even bother trying to deliver something in that condition?' I asked him to call the 800 number and file a complaint. He did, manager was p-ssed the next day. Ha, ha.

Ya, i learned how to do that recently when u scan a box at the delivery point... package comment button, "crushed"

SmithBarney

Well your offload isn't doing their job correctly, if it gets a Damage Scan before SIP, it falls on the RAMP... if it gets to your truck, then yes it might fall on the STA... but who cares, as a CRR you have the right to provide EXCELLENT Service to our customers, that includes not delivering mangled packages.

rod

Retired 22 years
images

What say thee?

Sometimes the repack jobs are just as bad as the original.