No ballots?????

Confused73

I'm hearing from my local that no ballots will be mailed out that we are having a meeting at our local and you don't show up its considered a yes WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????

Confused73

A little help please

Just want to know if any other locals are forcing their members to go to the hall to vote and not sending ballots to residence. Also in hearing that if u don't show up its an automatic YES!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Re: A little help please

Well how is it suppose to pass if everybody was informed about what is in it, mailed a ballot and had time to read the actual TA? Remember, the Teamsters and UPS want this deal passed. Do you really expect them to want to do what's best for us or themselves?

Re: A little help please

I'm not sure about my local. I've been on vacation this week. I'll find out Monday unless there are any other 952 members here that know.

stink219

It's a crock of crap. I'm not doubting about the possible meeting vote, I'm talking about the absentee vote counting as a yes. I call bullsheep!

SouthernComfort

I heard they're also giving away cotton candy and they rented a trampoline.
Ive got a friend that runs a petting zoo with mini horses, a mini donkey, some really big rabbits, and some pigmy goats for birthday parties....maybe I can get him to show up to our local meeting next Sat? If there is a REASON for union members to no show up to meetings it would be because they are with their family on the weekend, problem solved.... bring the family!!! Maybe when your union officials see your 6 year old daughter and she asks them, "why cant my daddy ever eat dinner with me?" or "can I still see my same Dr?" maybe it will tug on that 4lb piece of meat in their chest that the majority of us call a heart.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is NOT TRUE. Ballots will go out shortly, and ALL LOCALS are required to hold a CONTRACT MEETING prior to the VOTING. The membership has a RIGHT to address the officers of each local and voice their opinions.

Hopefully, EVERY member hits the meeting and SHOUTS down this piece of garbage and the officers listen.

Remember, they NOW have to sell it to you no matter what, since they voted unanimously to approve it.

In 396, our OFFICERS will get a verbal BEATDOWN from the membership at our contract meeting.

Peace

TOS

balland chain

I'm hearing from my local that no ballots will be mailed out that we are having a meeting at our local and you don't show up its considered a yes WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????
If that is the case, they would have to mail out letters stating that if you plan of voting, you need to show up to the union meeting.. I have not received such letter, and if they do that tomorrow I believe there will be so many members raising hell about this style of voting, the Union officials will beed to be protected with iron bars!

cb1969

no one can use your vote but you. If you have that in writing first explain to your business agent that no one else can vote in any way for you. If you have questions or need help either you or them may contact the National Labor Relations Board and get assistance.