No bluetooth at work

thebrownbox

So at work today they had a PCM about how we are not allowed to use headset bluetooth because it messes with the computer systems...

For CT people they said this came from Hartford :funny:

the funny thing is for trucks they want us to scan trucks which also use bluetooth.. seems like it's a BS story made up.

I'm on my bluetooth at least 4 hours a day and at my JAC we have a decision on bluetooth that we can use them. My center manager and dm see it in my ear everyday.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I overheard this in Hartford as well

I don't know how this device can actually ruin any data being sent via bluetooth ?

Seems to me that someone was pissed at a driver talking on his bluetooth all day while not working up to par. or even a preloader or sorter. It would be hard to pinpoint this to a person or position.

over9five

Staff member
This was posted in Chema today too. Something about interfering with ring scanners.

There is so much crap running in the buildings, I doubt very much it is phone earpieces causing the problems.

thebrownbox

Ring scanners? I'm guessing that's what they call those scanners i use everyday? bunch of buttons that look like a dial pad and has a green and red button?

If that's the case lol good luck... that's why bluetooth still scans while it's connected because every once and while they will just disconnect on it's own for no reason because we have 5 in one area and god knows how many in the building...

besides if your more then 30Ft away then it's going to disconnect anyways

thom1842

They told us no bluetooth a few moths ago because it falls under the "no cell phones while driving" safety issue with in cab distractions.

Dark_Team_135

I'm on my bluetooth at least 4 hours a day and at my JAC we have a decision on bluetooth that we can use them. My center manager and dm see it in my ear everyday.

It looks like you are you in the same Central Region JAC as my Local (135). If so, can you post a copy of this decision or get the info so I can look it up??

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Originally Posted by anonymous
I'm on my bluetooth at least 4 hours a day and at my JAC we have a decision on bluetooth that we can use them. My center manager and dm see it in my ear everyday. Just curious,but how can you be out delivering while talking 4 hrs a day??

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Management told a few drivers in our center "no more bluetooth" a few weeks ago. Never gave a reason why.

Doesn't affect me since I don't even own a cell phone. :happy-very:

NHDRVR

So at work today they had a PCM about how we are not allowed to use headset bluetooth because it messes with the computer systems...

For CT people they said this came from Hartford :funny:

the funny thing is for trucks they want us to scan trucks which also use bluetooth.. seems like it's a BS story made up.

Sounds bogus but what ever. I hate to admit it but I am on my phone about 4 hours a day. Headset only. I need to stay in touch with civilization out here... ( I know, I know...I 'CHOOSE' to stay in touch with civilization)

Originally Posted by anonymous
I'm on my bluetooth at least 4 hours a day and at my JAC we have a decision on bluetooth that we can use them. My center manager and dm see it in my ear everyday. Just curious,but how can you be out delivering while talking 4 hrs a day??
Its like second nature all my buddys have bluetooth as well and we have conference calls with 3 4 5 up to I think 8 it passes the time its kind of boring in the country.

bigrig

i had a manager tell me that no bluetooth in the building i said ok turned it off once i exited the building turned it on again. just dont answer any calls from management on your person cellphone since its a problem on ups property. wait till you get to delivery stop to call!!!!:happy2:

D

Dis-organized Labor

Sounds bogus but what ever. I hate to admit it but I am on my phone about 4 hours a day. Headset only. I need to stay in touch with civilization out here... ( I know, I know...I 'CHOOSE' to stay in touch with civilization)

I often wonder what people have so much to talk about?