No call no show. Help!

Drink Craft Beer

No excuse for that....been here 8 years also.....never NC/NS. I've been late maybe 4 times...and always called before my start time to let them know i was running a little late.
I've noticed over the years that when a guy didn't show up at start time and didn't call in to say he would be late, the Soup calls them to see if they're coming in.

It never used to be like that. Was always told that Soups weren't allowed to call to see if you're coming. If you ended up being a NCNS, then you're SOL.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've noticed over the years that when a guy didn't show up at start time and didn't call in to say he would be late, the Soup calls them to see if they're coming in.

It never used to be like that. Was always told that Soups weren't allowed to call to see if you're coming. If you ended up being a NCNS, then you're SOL.
The few times I was running late....I texted my PT sup as a courtesy...to let them know I was on my way, but might be a few min late.

oldngray

nowhere special
Even if you can't call in until late and it will still be on your record as a no call you should still call in as soon as possible.

Drink Craft Beer

The few times I was running late....I texted my PT sup as a courtesy...to let them know I was on my way, but might be a few min late.
Yeah, that's the proper route to take, but I'm referring to sups who call and see if you're coming to work or not when you're late and haven't heard from you.

It's not their job to call you and make sure you're coming to work. (when I say you, I'm not directly referring to you, just referring to any PT employee)

AndUPSER

Yeah, that's the proper route to take, but I'm referring to sups who call and see if you're coming to work or not when you're late and haven't heard from you.

It's not their job to call you and make sure you're coming to work. (when I say you, I'm not directly referring to you, just referring to any PT employee)

The sup would like to know so he/she can plan accordingly.

Drink Craft Beer

The sup would like to know so he/she can plan accordingly.
If you're not there at start time, then plan B goes into effect. The guy that called in to see if he's needed is called back and told to come in. And then when the scheduled guy calls and says "I over slept and will be in." He's told not to bother cause it's been covered.

Like I said, it's not the sups job to call you and see if you're coming in or not. But that's changed over the years. They do call now, which is B.S.