No call no show. Help!

Z

ZQXC

Tires are so much more reliable that spares are almost never needed. I remember when I first started driving I kept 2 full size spares in the trunk (big trunks on those old cars).

What about the old drum brakes all around; never knew when a wheel cyl. seal would blow out and it wasn't a split system, so you lost the whole dam show.

I think about that whenever I see people come up quickly to a stop sign before they even start applying the brake.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Were you offering to lend a hand? :winks:
tumblr_m0wh8x8cuW1qjyibno1_500.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
What about the old drum brakes all around; never knew when a wheel cyl. seal would blow out and it wasn't a split system, so you lost the whole dam show.

I think about that whenever I see people come up quickly to a stop sign before they even start applying the brake.

Even back then I had a friend who would always scare me when he drove because he always braked hard at the last minute with drum brakes.

So if all does go wrong will i be fired on the spot tonight?? My sups are really cool and seem to like me as they always ask me to stay over and say i work hard but is the decision even up to them if they can keep me?

No-call no-shows are pretty bad to do when you're on probation, but hey, man, I have a short story that might make you a bit more optimistic.

I was hired August 2012, squeezed in right before they started hiring seasonals. I showed up every day 15min early at least, but I had an alarm clock :censored2:-up and a power outage cause me to miss work a single time in each of my last two weeks on probation. Both ended up being no-call no-shows. I went above and beyond calling and friend*in' showed up around noon the first time it happened so I could speak in person with my manager (I only live a few miles from my center), but :censored2:in' nobody was there that I recognized, and when I asked the one person I saw that happened to be in browns if there were any of the preload management around, she said they had all either gone home or were on-road shuttling misloads.

The second time I said :censored2: the hassle and just showed up early the next day to apologize and explain.

Still with UPS, juuuuuuuust about 2 years later. I'm not sure if they liked me or just desperately needed bodies for the upcoming peak that year (it's really, really probably the latter), but I think you should be alright if you're a decent worker. I can only speak from my own experience, though, and outside of Christmas-time I've seen several people fired after a couple no-call no-shows, but I also remember at least two guys that randomly vanished for like 2 weeks and just popped up back on the preload one day, no questions asked (publicly, I mean).

So yeah, it could go either way. Try to get in touch with your management as soon as you possibly can, though. Looks better when you're proactive about apologizing, you know?
thanks bro i appreciate it! ill make sure to do that!

UPSer171

So last night on my way to work i had a flat tire. no phone on me so i wasnt able to call in. Ive only been working at UPS for 2 months on unload so im still on probation and im pretty worried about my job. Any have an idea to what might happen
to me?

Let management know the situation your in, and ask him to get the call in number from him/her and let them know ahead of time. You can also get the number from your supervisor on the unload as well. No matter what situation your in, always call in. No call/No shows are never good. Just the fact of even having one (for me at least) would bother me. I've never had a No call/No show before. I always call in no matter what situation may come up on me.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

no i didnt go back to work. and im 19
Well if they do fire you maybe you can use this as a good life experience. Show up to work and explain what happened. Don't just go home and hope you'll have a job come Monday.

Sent using BrownCafe App