No cellphones in cab?

BIGBROWNLONGHORN

Has anyone been told they cannot have cell phones in cab of the truck they must be stored behind bulk head door?AND THEY CANNOT DRINK WHILE DRIVING.WATER OFCOURSE.

klein

Für Meno :)
Has anyone been told they cannot have cell phones in cab of the truck they must be stored behind bulk head door?AND THEY CANNOT DRINK WHILE DRIVING.WATER OFCOURSE.

Yes, on sup drive alongs.
All your drinks and food in the back, no cellphone usage, either. Diad only in the diad holder, and never to be used while driving.

Some sups allowed me to drink fluids while driving (most of them actually), but my last one didn't. She was a bigshot Saftey Advisor from Toronto.

satellitedriver

Yes, on sup drive alongs.
All your drinks and food in the back, no cellphone usage, either. Diad only in the diad holder, and never to be used while driving.

Some sups allowed me to drink fluids while driving (most of them actually), but my last one didn't. She was a bigshot Saftey Advisor from Toronto.
Do the sups store their blackberry's/cellphone in the back of the package car, as they do an OJS ride?
No freakin way.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Kman845

Do the sups store their blackberry's/cellphone in the back of the package car, as they do an OJS ride?
No freakin way.

Yup!! No Diad in cab either. Keep it in package compartment, bulkhead door closed.

While we're at it, no more wine deliveries to residences. Commercial addresses only, same rules as cigarettes.

K

blue efficacy

No freakin way.
Key difference, the supervisor is not driving a big truck that can kill people.

My UPS driver when I did Driver Helper would frequently chat on the phone and text while driving. Didn't seem safe to me..

retired2000

we had a driver killed because he was talking on his cell phone. and besides it is the law in some states not to use phone while driving.

So what happens when you pass out because you're dehydrated?

Think about it. So the whole day you never stop the vehicle or open the bulkhead door. Your dehydrated excuse does not hold water! Ever been hit by a flying water bottle in the cab? I have and it wasn't pleasant.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Think about it. So the whole day you never stop the vehicle or open the bulkhead door. Your dehydrated excuse does not hold water! Ever been hit by a flying water bottle in the cab? I have and it wasn't pleasant.

Then rip out all the cup holders in the trucks !!!

The bottom line is that they are responding to an issue at your center. Either someone had an accident while distracted (drinking,eating,talking) or was seen doing it by upper ties and pissed them off. Every center does this when something negative affects them. It is not a countrywide policy.

At our center, the state law prohibits distracted driving. Our DM saw a driver talking on the phone on his way back in the building and THAT was in the PCM the next morning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

theres nothing wrong with drinking and driving at work

just ask klein

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

NHDRVR

Been hearing it for years. Just wait til' the next flavor of the month comes along and be patient.

I use a Jabra headset, which is better than the Jawbone I previously used, and I keep a frozen gallon of H2O on one of the shelves just because I don't want it rolling around in the cab.

Remember that when a Sup. is on car everything you do is the 'wrong' thing. They need something to do when they are on car so just nod and say ok. Like a rash, eventually they will go away.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No freakin way.
Absolutely!!!

We haven't been told this yet. I won't give up my water up front. They can write me up and it will go to panel. That one I would fight all the way.

Having the bottle of water up front is a necessary evil. I think it is worth the risk. When I open my bulk head door it is all business. I don't stop to think about getting a drink of water. I am looking for my next pkg. I can't say how many times I have had to stop and re open the door because my water jug needs to be refilled and I forget to do it at a delivery stop.

Last edited:
Then rip out all the cup holders in the trucks !!!

The bottom line is that they are responding to an issue at your center. Either someone had an accident while distracted (drinking,eating,talking) or was seen doing it by upper ties and pissed them off. Every center does this when something negative affects them. It is not a countrywide policy.

At our center, the state law prohibits distracted driving. Our DM saw a driver talking on the phone on his way back in the building and THAT was in the PCM the next morning.

When I drove I didn't have the luxury of cupholders.