No Christmas Turkey, No Incentives, No Measly Shirts YET UPS Wants Us To Concede! No!

upswife75

Re: No Christmas Turkey, No Incentives, No Measly Shirts YET UPS Wants Us To Concede!

Interesting. My girlfriend doesn't even ask me if I'd like a back rub, let alone know or care about the details of my workplace. I think I need to reevaluate my life.

Aww, it's ok, Liquid. I'm just not the typical chick is all. :p

I'm one of those types that researches stuff just for the hell of it. I just like details, period.

​Plus, we've been married for 20 years, so yeah, if you want to know the secret, that's it. Paying attention to what they say. :)

over9five

Staff member
Re: No Christmas Turkey, No Incentives, No Measly Shirts YET UPS Wants Us To Concede!

​Plus, we've been married for 20 years, so yeah, if you want to know the secret, that's it. Paying attention to what they say. :)

Nope, that's not it. I've been married way longer, and my wife thinks I'm still a brownie driver....

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Aww, it's ok, Liquid. I'm just not the typical chick is all. :p

I'm one of those types that researches stuff just for the hell of it. I just like details, period.

So are you a Wikipedia fan....greatest site ever for wanting to know i.formation about anything and everything.

upswife75

So are you a Wikipedia fan....greatest site ever for wanting to know i.formation about anything and everything.

Meh, only as a starting point. Too easy to get misinformation on wiki because anyone can edit wiki pages. That's why most schools don't allow kids to use wiki as a source for research papers and such. Hell, someone got a hold of the page for George Washington once, and made him a member of the Black Eyed Peas, lol. Wiki is good for finding other sources on topics, though.

Mike Johnson

2013?
we haven't gotten a turkey since 2009, tight!
we don't have xmas parties or anything. They don't do anything for our employees, probably because we are not unionized. .30 cent raises, taking away the turkey, no incentives, low moral, crap pay, etc., this company has gone downhill. It use to be really fun and great company to work for, past 5yrs or so it got really bad.

oldstagg

We should have striked them over those damn turkeys. They were so juicy and good. You could deep fry them roast them slow cook. The possibilities are endless. Now I'm man I want my turkey. Stuffing mashed potatoes gravy all the fixens.

I was kinda surprised the union didn't have the turkey put in the contract. that could have been fun. they could have argued about the size of the bird, how many kosher birds , how it would have been given out , what Christmas greeting the management person had to give when handing it out and so on.:blushing2:

I was kinda surprised the union didn't have the turkey put in the contract. that could have been fun. they could have argued about the size of the bird, how many kosher birds , how it would have been given out , what Christmas greeting the management person had to give when handing it out and so on.:blushing2:
You like Ron Jeremy or something????

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Uh huh, I haven't listened to a single word my husband has said about the last 13 years of working at UPS, so I have no idea. Sweetheart, I can't tell you how many times my husband would get home from work at 10 something at night, finally unwind, get to sleep and be called at 4am to come in and work preload. My husband has worked EVERY single part time job in that hub with the exception of the customer counter and mechanic. He's worked preload, reload, air feeders, shifter, ecs clerk, hazmat responder, hazmat auditor, sort, small sort, and was the PT union steward, so yeah, I think he has loaded and unloaded a few trucks. Oh, and he did it before the dumbed down PAL system you have now, back when you actually had to THINK!! So please, spare me the "I have no idea", because I have seen my husband come home after busting his arse for SEVERAL years (hell, the entire time I have known him), at the same pay you are making now. They don't call him Superman for nothing there. I have also seen him turn down management jobs more times than I can count, because he'd rather be busting his butt, than sitting in that hub. He's run pretty much every one of the 63 routes in that building, without having to have a supervisor train him on a single one!
A TrueHero