No days off

wornoutupser

It's September. 99% of people here don't have any sick days or personal days left.

You get a certain number - not unlimited.

You get NO "late" days.

We have a number of people each year that can't count and think they can "call out" anytime they want. They can't.

Do the math. (FYI - 8 hour request goes the way of the Dodo next contract - just watch.)

In 22 years I fired at least three dozen Big Mighty Teamsters for attendance issues alone.

They stayed fired. Sucks to be you.

Get over yourself and stop propagating "advice" that's going to get your buddies fired too.

Hello Aolioli!

I bet that you have been in Florida and that you are the one that tried to come after me. Do you remember the letter that I sent to Atlanta about YOU!

That was a nice transfer, I bet that it STILL SUCKS to be you!

If this is not you, then try to get along with your fellow workers, we are all in this mess together and we have to get along! Play Nice!

Big Babooba

Aolioli: just so u understand, our center manager said "starting in Jan no time off". That will be starting a new year when everyone has a fresh set of vac, option and sick days. Why he said this, i have no idea. By the way, if im out of option and/or sick days and i need off for whatever reason, i simply pick up the phone and call in. im sick of asking off for a day even far in advance and getting the run around. i learned early on that the best way to get a day off is to call in.
In the New England Supplement, our year runs from May 1st to April 30th.

david426

The main reason for an overloaded schedule at UPS, is that the costs of benefits, health/welfare has skyrocketed in the past 10 years.. UPS would rather have you work massive overtime than hire any new employees because of this.. Makes sense from a business standpoint.. It Sucks for the workers and families... I spent 15 years as a package car driver and 6 years as a part timer... I finally went into Feeders 1.5 years ago.. I could not take it anymore, No days, off and my body was physically worn out on a daily basis.. Thank God for my decesion to go to Feeders.. My hours knd of Suck, but my body and brain are in much better shape.. You don't realize what a ****hole you were working in until you go to Feeders.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
The main reason for an overloaded schedule at UPS, is that the costs of benefits, health/welfare has skyrocketed in the past 10 years.. UPS would rather have you work massive overtime than hire any new employees because of this.. Makes sense from a business standpoint.. It Sucks for the workers and families... I spent 15 years as a package car driver and 6 years as a part timer... I finally went into Feeders 1.5 years ago.. I could not take it anymore, No days, off and my body was physically worn out on a daily basis.. Thank God for my decesion to go to Feeders.. My hours knd of Suck, but my body and brain are in much better shape.. You don't realize what a ****hole you were working in until you go to Feeders.
OH We know what kind of hole we are in :thumbup1: because we have sups like Aolioli:w00t: