No discipline for going back out after in for the night...

Loyal Teamster

Now I know in the contract there can't be any discipline on a driver who refuses to go back out to do more work once he is in for the night..
In a situation like this, just go back out and work as directed. Think about the customer and our company image, don't be selfish. Your getting paid pretty good for what you do

BUCN85

In a situation like this, just go back out and work as directed. Think about the customer and our company image, don't be selfish. Your getting paid pretty good for what you do
Every situation is different. Again this was a hypothetical question. It hasn't happened but I wanted to know my rights. And sometimes after working three 11 hr days in a row and you finally get a 9 hr day. You may won't to get home to see your family.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Every situation is different. Again this was a hypothetical question. It hasn't happened but I wanted to know my rights. And sometimes after working three 11 hr days in a row and you finally get a 9 hr day. You may won't to get home to see your family.

This guy is a troll don't even dignify anything he says with a response

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
A few times, they have asked if I would go back out and my usual answer was no. Last week sup says, guy's got 90 stops left how you feel about going out, I said no. Parked my truck sat there for a minute and walked back to sup and said I will go out and help, but not in my truck. Took another truck and took 30 from the guy. Sups were very appreciative of it which was very surprising. Even got an 8 hour day the next day out of it.

I still believe they should / can't force you back out, but in this situation it was a new guy I liked and the delivery area was close to the building and I had some energy left to help

oldngray

nowhere special
A few times, they have asked if I would go back out and my usual answer was no. Last week sup says, guy's got 90 stops left how you feel about going out, I said no. Parked my truck sat there for a minute and walked back to sup and said I will go out and help, but not in my truck. Took another truck and took 30 from the guy. Sups were very appreciative of it which was very surprising. Even got an 8 hour day the next day out of it.

I still believe they should / can't force you back out, but in this situation it was a new guy I liked and the delivery area was close to the building and I had some energy left to help

If they ask you and don't force you its different than making you go back out. To help out someone who really needs it is one thing but to be forced to cover for their stupidity when dispatching is completely different.