No DR Allowed

10 point

Only problem with that is the same thing on if they file a claim. And you don't physically have the delivery notice.
I have a few stops like that. I give them a stack of info notices and have them sign them.
We also have the consignee sign a blanket notice/statement, give it to management, and the company puts a note on that address that pops up everytime the address is delivered to that says:
"SDN on file. Resi (or Comm) name XXXX DR garage, etc.
Helps the customers, swing drivers, and takes the liability off the driver.
Same as electronic SIG but local mgmnt has the hard copy.

BUCN85

Gotta love the extra hoops to jump through right at the beginning of the busiest time of the year.
Yea especially for those of us who are covering and will be covering split routes across 3-4 towns. For example. Churches who have always had us DR to a special box after hours. Can no longer happen. I guess sheet as missed. Who knows

10 point

As I said before, the co can readily archive past delivery history and tell us it's resi or comm but still sends bona fide commercial stop surepost pkgs to the post office.
Great info for surepost grievances.

10 point

Yea especially for those of us who are covering and will be covering split routes across 3-4 towns. For example. Churches who have always had us DR to a special box after hours. Can no longer happen. I guess sheet as missed. Who knows
The SDN works with this new program. Should've used them all along.

Get your OMS to put the address info in the system so every driver can benefit.

barnyard

KTM rider
Churches who have always had us DR to a special box after hours. Can no longer happen.

SDN, type in "church"; leave package where you have always left it. I have been doing this for at least 10 years for rural churches where there is rarely anyone there.

upschuck

Only problem with that is the same thing on if they file a claim. And you don't physically have the delivery notice.
My center would have no idea which SDN goes to which stop. I bet after they are turned in, they are thrown away(they are put in a cabinet and not emptied for a couple weeks, probably).

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My center would have no idea which SDN goes to which stop. I bet after they are turned in, they are thrown away(they are put in a cabinet and not emptied for a couple weeks, probably).
We still have SDN from 2011 in the building. I'm honestly not sure how long they require us to keep them though.

BUCN85

Well apparently something fixed in the system because I didn't have this issue today with those couple stops. I even tried DR for actual business to see what would happen and it would have let me if I chose to do so. So who knows what's going on with this

Well apparently something fixed in the system because I didn't have this issue today with those couple stops. I even tried DR for actual business to see what would happen and it would have let me if I chose to do so. So who knows what's going on with this
I'm still not able to dr those couple stops

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The "nuclear option"....
1. Scan packages at residence, following all proper DR methods.
2. Take picture of said residence as proof of its status.
3. Prerecord the stop so that you can proceed with further deliveries.
4. Upon return to building, bring the stops out of prerecord and record them as "missed."
5. Clock out.

They would put a stop to this stupidity real quick if we started shoving 50,000 missed stops per day down their throats.

This is dumber than ORION. Its probably the most idiotic thing I have seen UPS do in 28 years.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1447452270.576995.jpg