No DR Allowed

10 point

My center would have no idea which SDN goes to which stop. I bet after they are turned in, they are thrown away(they are put in a cabinet and not emptied for a couple weeks, probably).
We still have SDN from 2011 in the building. I'm honestly not sure how long they require us to keep them though.
Can you match them to a stop?
I would have to crack it open and check. I honestly couldn't tell you.
It doesn't matter to me what the company does with them. If they put a default note into the system that there's a blanket SDN or dig on file for XYZ address then I'm not liable.

barnyard

KTM rider
I just did the training today. I had 2 stops that it applied to, one where I had to get a signature where I had never got one and another where I hit SDN and it had me clarify whether it was a business or resi.

Bottom rung

Asked management about it today. They told us it was shippers are trying to see if they're being billed correctly....they then asked everyone who asked about all this who the shippers were.

oldngray

nowhere special
If the DIAD won't let you DR and nobody is home, then NI1. Or are you worried about having send agains? Not an excuse to sheet it as missed or falsify records. Wait for UPS to correct any problems instead of creating more problems for yourself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the DIAD won't let you DR and nobody is home, then NI1. Or are you worried about having send agains? Not an excuse to sheet it as missed or falsify records. Wait for UPS to correct any problems instead of creating more problems for yourself.

Have you read the DIAD training? If not, perhaps you should refrain from posting on an operational change which you, for lack of a better word, know nothing about.

The change was made because of numerous complaints by shippers of billing errors----business stops being billed as residential being the main one.

I deliver to our local college mail room. The majority of the packages all have the same street address but there are others that either use their dorm name and room number or just some random address. After I have completed the delivery I have two additional steps to further clarify the stop before I can close out the stop. It is a pain but I understand the need for it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Have you read the DIAD training? If not, perhaps you should refrain from posting on an operational change which you, for lack of a better word, know nothing about.

The change was made because of numerous complaints by shippers of billing errors----business stops being billed as residential being the main one.

I deliver to our local college mail room. The majority of the packages all have the same street address but there are others that either use their dorm name and room number or just some random address. After I have completed the delivery I have two additional steps to further clarify the stop before I can close out the stop. It is a pain but I understand the need for it.

I understand and am not surprised because UPS has been trying to charge commercial customers the additional charge for residential. It is a situation created by UPS and finally they are attempting to address the issue. Drivers DR'ing business stops was possibly a primary cause.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I understand and am not surprised because UPS has been trying to charge commercial customers the additional charge for residential. It is a situation created by UPS and finally they are attempting to address the issue. Drivers DR'ing business stops was possibly a primary cause.

My point was retirees should refrain from posting on operational changes unless they have had a chance to review the training material.

oldngray

nowhere special
My point was retirees should refrain from posting on operational changes unless they have had a chance to review the training material.

Was anything I said incorrect? Or do you believe drivers should falsify records instead of having send agains? If there is a problem with that address wait for UPS to correct it. Or do you believe otherwise?

Future

Victory Ride
Access points can be good if it is the customers choice. Not if it is forced on the customer and replaces another regular delivery attempt.
I agree....there has been backlash from customers about it being forced upon them........but UPS cares only about the profit margin(as u well know)

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree....there has been backlash from customers about it being forced upon them........but UPS cares only about the profit margin(as u well know)

When something is touted as a service "enhancement" it is often just a way to cut costs.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Access points can be good if it is the customers choice. Not if it is forced on the customer and replaces another regular delivery attempt.
I'll tell you what would make Access Points a heck of a lot better for the customer. Letting us deliver packages to the access points on Saturday. Give people an opportunity to pick up packages when they aren't working.

Holydriver

So now this now thing in the diad for businesses is a "no dr allowed" which I get. But today I came across 2 residents that run stuff out of their house. And sure enough. It wouldn't let me DR this is going to cause some issues. Any thoughts
its nothing like the people that file a lot of complaints that dont allow DR is it? we have certain residences, and sometimes certain streets that you cant DR on because of so many missing claims. huge pain in the ass. i think i ran into 4 of them yesterday

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What difference does it make when we deliver it to the access point?? All of them that are in my delivery area are open on Saturday and one of them is open on Sunday.
Are you my DM is disguise?

Because look at it this way. The average person works Monday-Friday. Who knows what hours they work. Getting the Access Point packages there Saturday morning means people have the ability to pick packages up on a day they traditionally do their errands. Instead of running out at lunch or hoping to get there before the AP closes, they can go after their shopping on Saturday and Sunday.

3/4 AP's in our area are open Saturday and Sunday. It just offers the customer some more flexibility.