No driver input......no driver participation

PT Car Washer

We have a ton of new drivers also and training more. Have to wonder what they all will be doing after peak. Have a feeling there is going to be a lot of new preloaders after Christmas.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
TV ad- December 22: "Order NOW and we guarantee UPS delivery by Christmas"!

Endless waves of airs blowing up dispatch just like last year.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It always amazes me now that peak is approaching and considering last year's disaster, that management has zero interest in driver's insight or
opinions on how to better get thru peak.

Is it arrogance or stupidity that prevents them from asking our thoughts,
especially the senior drivers.

Well, if we go down in flames it's on them.
Yeah its kind of funny their still putting seasonal temps on n peak really is 3 weeks away. Im thinking like you stupid freakin idiots, your going to try and train a guy for like lil over 2 weeks and then throw them into the fire with 200 to 300 stops a day? Recipe for disaster and failure easily. Wont be surprised to see a lot of the temps for peak quit early with the insanity. Why would they only train a guy for that lil short period of time ya know. Once again the company phux everything up all the time and does everything so last second like usual and scratches their head why it doesn't work out DUH lol. Like I always say management and corporate are more content with MEDIOCRITY AND FAILURE ALWAYS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah its kind of funny their still putting seasonal temps on n peak really is 3 weeks away. Im thinking like you stupid freakin idiots, your going to try and train a guy for like lil over 2 weeks and then throw them into the fire with 200 to 300 stops a day? Recipe for disaster and failure easily. Wont be surprised to see a lot of the temps for peak quit early with the insanity. Why would they only train a guy for that lil short period of time ya know. Once again the company phux everything up all the time and does everything so last second like usual and scratches their head why it doesn't work out DUH lol. Like I always say management and corporate are more content with MEDIOCRITY AND FAILURE ALWAYS.

How much training do you really need to run a mostly residential route?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It always amazes me now that peak is approaching and considering last year's disaster, that management has zero interest in driver's insight or
opinions on how to better get thru peak.

Is it arrogance or stupidity that prevents them from asking our thoughts,
especially the senior drivers.

Well, if we go down in flames it's on them.
You wouldn't be amazed if your center had gone through an Orion conversion. After watching that, nothing shocks you anymore.

ups1990

I see a few positives heading into peak in our center.

Our center has a number of helpers at the moment even if routes don't call for one. This is a good sign because helpers are familiarizing themselves with the DIAD and will be better to assist the FT driver leading up to Xmas.

Next week, new cover drivers will start driving. This is better than nothing and see this as another plus for our center. I would have preferred they started driving during the summer.

I was told that we would have a couple of drivers that will prelim ups stores and heavy retail shipping outlets during peak so as to help those drivers. This is a big plus because many of us will have shelfs full with deliveries while making these heavy pick ups. Very frustrating!

Last year, UPS was probably caught of guard with the amount of volume coming into the system. Lets hope for the best.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You make ORION sound like passing through the Gates of Hell. Surely a drivers experience counts for something when running a route.
I didn't say it was hell as on a handful of routes it actually works or doesn't change it much. I'm saying you shouldn't be amazed that they don't care about our input if you've been through an Orion conversion.

PT Car Washer

I didn't say it was hell as on a handful of routes it actually works or doesn't change it much. I'm saying you shouldn't be amazed that they don't care about our input if you've been through an Orion conversion.
That is about the most positive reply I have heard of the ORION system. Don't know as we have not implemented the system in my building yet.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That is about the most positive reply I have heard of the ORION system. Don't know as we have not implemented the system in my building yet.
Don't get me wrong. It is a horrible waste of money and creates additional unnecessary conflict between management and employees as well as sabotaging routes. I'm just saying there are a couple of routes where it either doesn't change the route much or actually optimizes it, but that is the rare exception.

PT Car Washer

Don't get me wrong. It is a horrible waste of money and creates additional unnecessary conflict between management and employees as well as sabotaging routes. I'm just saying there are a couple of routes where it either doesn't change the route much or actually optimizes it, but that is the rare exception.
Isn't that the way it usually goes when higher management sends down directives to your local management team. No matter how good or bad they perform.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The word at my bldg is that they are bringing in 180 rentals trucks and they will run 2 preload sorts back to back. Should be interesting.