No DR's allowed--new thread--on topic please

S

selfcancelsignal

Did you actually have a SDN for the church? If not, you could be fired for dishonesty. If so, then why did you try to driver release it in the first place?
Time to ramp up the usage of SDN's with a handful of customers on my route for service sake!

moldsporh

So if you scan the box, go back up to the address and hit override. .it still won't override?

Generally I can override anything this way, just highlight the street name then hit override once the cursor moves over all is good.

Well, it's like when a new DIAD comes out. Very little if any driver input.....they just throw it at us.

If that's how they want to do this then so be it. One day they will understand that we are using these tools not a small group of people in a room with no windows.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So if you scan the box, go back up to the address and hit override. .it still won't override?

Generally I can override anything this way, just highlight the street name then hit override once the cursor moves over all is good.

Well, it's like when a new DIAD comes out. Very little if any driver input.....they just throw it at us.

If that's how they want to do this then so be it. One day they will understand that we are using these tools not a small group of people in a room with no windows.

I've tried overriding the street to no avail. It doesn't work the way a non-DR home address works.
The businesses that request I DR to them will fill out an info notice that I will keep in my truck.
That seems to be the only way where I can SDN their packages for all future deliveries.
You shouldn't need a new infonotice for every delivery. PITA

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Basically it would be on file and would request all deliveries be DR'd.
Serves the same purpose.

Been driving a long time, I've never seen a pile of info notices kept anywhere after you turn them in.
They are thrown away.

9.5 everyday

So we found out last week that UPS has implemented a new program to verify whether or not an address is actually "residential" versus "commercial."

Local management was never informed of the new program. It went live on Wednesday and we drivers discovered it after we were already out on road, and were prevented from releasing residential stops that we had been DR'ing for years. We found out after the fact that there was DIAD training for the new program.

Unlike Signature Required or Adult Signature required packages, there is no visual prompt in EDD to inform you of the new status. Nor does the DIAD emit the usual tone when such a package is scanned. There is no warning, and you have no way of knowing which stops are being flagged for verification. You only see the "No DR Allowed" prompt after you hit the Driver Release key. So you have no way to plan ahead or notify customers ahead of time that they will no longer be able to receive their packages in the manner that they have been accustomed to for years.

If you do get a signature, the DIAD then prompts you to complete a multiple-choice questionnaire describing the stop so that it can determine whether or not the stop is actually residential. Over some indeterminate amount of time, it will then assign a status to that stop.

I was unable to find any way to override, bypass, hack or defeat the prohibition against DR's for several addresses that are clearly residential. On the first such stop I encountered, it was noisy so I did not hear the DIAD beep when it denied the Stop Complete after I hit Driver Release and walked back to the truck. I already knew my next stop, so I didn't look at the DIAD again until I was 4 miles down the road at the next address and discovered that I had to drive all the way back to get a signature for the package that I had left on the porch. At another stop, I discovered that no DR was allowed only after I had already scanned, unloaded and hauled 9 bulky packages up onto the porch. Unable to complete the stop, I was forced to reload all 9 packages into the car as send agains.....until the homeowner arrived and I repeated the process all over again in order to get rid of the damn things. I lost 15 minutes screwing around with those boxes. Again---you have no idea that you cant DR the stop until after you attempt to do so.

5 things that need to change NOW.

1. Postpone implementation of this until after peak. We don't have time for this, our helpers aren't trained for this, and the need to get the effing boxes out of the trucks overrides the need to correct billing discrepancies.

2. Put an "emergency override" or bypass into the system to allow drivers to continue releasing these stops pending verification of the billing status for stops that are quite clearly residential.

3. This is a job for a billing clerk, not a $50-per-hour-on-OT delivery driver who is already fighting to avoid running out of DOT hours during peak. We drivers are being forced to correct billing errors by having the customer's packages essentially held hostage, thus creating a huge increase in send agains that we have neither the time nor the room for.

4. Put a prompt in EDD warning the driver if a signature will be required, like we already do for normal Signature Required and Adult Signature Required packages.

5. If we are going to arbitrarily begin refusing to release packages to addresses that have been DR'd for years....at least give the customers some warning ahead of time.

I understand the need to correct billing discrepancies, but doing so in this manner--with no warning or training---in mid-November---is idiotic, and clearly a decision made by a cubicle-dweller who never set foot in a package car or an operational center. The company needs to fix this now!
did management notify of you of your recording in travel.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Basically it would be on file and would request all deliveries be DR'd.
Serves the same purpose.

Been driving a long time, I've never seen a pile of info notices kept anywhere after you turn them in.
They are thrown away.
So if I have a no DR house, I can fill out an info notice without a date or "from" filled in, keep that notice, and release there whenever I feel like it from now on?

Slippery slope. What happens when two deliveries on separate days have a claim, and you only have one info notice signed? UPS needs to fix this because they're putting drivers in a situation where they have to falsify records or screw the customer.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So if I have a no DR house, I can fill out an info notice without a date or "from" filled in, keep that notice, and release there whenever I feel like it from now on?

Slippery slope. What happens when two deliveries on separate days have a claim, and you only have one info notice signed? UPS needs to fix this because they're putting drivers in a situation where they have to falsify records or screw the customer.

They are going to write on the infonotice, "Please leave all deliveries at the front door" and sign it.
It's not like i'm going to have 200 of them, just a few places that request I leave packages in certain places.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Here it's a commercial delivery, no DR. If you DR it, you buy it if it shows up missing.
Interesting. We had an issue over the summer where someone didn't DR a church because nobody was there, and it was a crap storm because the customer said it was the final straw. Lost a big account over it apparently. Now they tell us, make sure guys DR it every time.

govols019

You smell that?
Interesting. We had an issue over the summer where someone didn't DR a church because nobody was there, and it was a crap storm because the customer said it was the final straw. Lost a big account over it apparently. Now they tell us, make sure guys DR it every time.

That's in direct opposition to the DIAD training.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
NI1, pick the option in the board, and move on. Let the customer get upset about it, UPS needs to reap what they have sowed, maybe then we'll get some changes done. If you continue to do "what's right" the problem won't surface, all the while you're on the hook for a package if you decide these new protocols are something you won't follow. I get paid to follow directions, drive a truck safely, and deliver boxes. If UPS wants to place more obstacles in my way, I'll just deal with them how they want, just make sure the check clears.