No DR's allowed--new thread--on topic please

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How long have you guys been dealing with this , because out west we usually get the same thing at the same time
I am in Oregon, which is about as "out West" as it gets, and we found out about this on Thursday morning when the DIAD started refusing to allow DR's. Our management found out about it on Thursday night when we came back and started asking them what the hell was going on. No one ever told them a thing.

soberups

Ever think of talking to your On Car about the issues instead of complaining on an internet forum?
I have.

He was never told about it. Corporate never bothered to inform anyone about the program, they just implemented it with no advance notice or training.

soberups

They are having us do this in my area. So far this is the 1st one i have had to do. They are saying its because if we dr a business it charges a residential surcharge fee or something. The surcharge may be one of their reasons but i also think they are just trying to have us build intel for them to catch people sheeting up stops as resi to avoid a late saver as well.
I don't mind filling out the questionnaire. I do mind no longer knowing where I can and cannot DR or having any ability to explain to my customers what is going on. Particularly when peak is about to start.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I don't mind filling out the questionnaire. I do mind no longer knowing where I can and cannot DR or having any ability to explain to my customers what is going on. Particularly when peak is about to start.

It's just one more thing....

It can't be changed, delayed, or eliminated, so we have to deal with it. I'm into this 32 years and not going to let it bother me.

AKCoverMan

We got the DIAD training but have not seen an instance where I was prevented from DRing.

Sounds like a pain in the butt. I do believe the biggest billing issue is commercial stops getting tagged with a resi surcharge because the driver DRs it.

The real solution would be to acknowledge that there are some situations where DRing a commercial stop makes sense both for us and the customer, and give us a legitimate way to sheet such packages without having to resort to fake SDNs or relnum.

35years

Gravy route
Ran into many clearly residential deliveries that the software would not let me DR.
Ran into many debatable resi/commercial stops as well.

Good luck during peak when drivers are inputting DR FD five stops later because of how they flow with a helper! Turn around, drive back with the helper, retrieve box, fill out a delivery note....Yep, great idea to implement this during peak!

Each stop will now be completed during peak by this driver while still at the delivery address.

soberups

You're just going to have to inform your customers of a new policy change at UPS. Double digit SA's should get someones attention.
An even better way to get someone's attention would be to go ahead and leave the packages using correct DR methods, scan them at the delivery point, and record them as "missed." This way, our customers still get the service they are paying for, and the idiots who implemented this program can get 10,000 missed stops per day shoved up their asses.

35years

Gravy route
An even better way to get someone's attention would be to go ahead and leave the packages using correct DR methods, scan them at the delivery point, and record them as "missed." This way, our customers still get the service they are paying for, and the idiots who implemented this program can get 10,000 missed stops per day shoved up their asses.
Also a good way to get fired. Falsification is hard to defend.
NI1/CLO1 will also get attention, without getting drivers fired.

35years

Gravy route
The company is fixing this now.

Unfortunately some of our brothers and sisters have been taking shortcuts which have resulted in numerous complaints and billing discrepancies.

I did notice that it would not allow me to driver release to the church on my area. SDN worked just fine.
So you admit that you tried to DR the church, yet you complain that others are taking shortcuts resulting in billing errors?

soberups

The company is fixing this now.

Unfortunately some of our brothers and sisters have been taking shortcuts which have resulted in numerous complaints and billing discrepancies.
You mean discrepancies like the ones you cause? When you DR churches while also keeping SDN's there to use "just in case?"

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
dt151115.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Here's an easy solution that UPS should have done.

1) Get rid of residential surcharges all together
2) Add it into the overall price of a delivery
3) If we DR something that comes up missing, print a follow up. If negative, block address for future DR
4) If a driver DR's a commercial stop that goes missing, implement discipline up to payback.

DONE

jaker

trolling

3) If we DR something that comes up missing, print a follow up. If negative, block address for future DR
4) If a driver DR's a commercial stop that goes missing, implement discipline up to payback.

DONE
You know logic does not get used at ups

wayfair

swollen member

DONE

I have two business stops that the DIAD prompts me the door code and "SOF"signature on file, and yes I hit COMM

ryansox

We were told at our PCM if a no DR comes up and it is a residential delivery that should be a DR, hit the SDN, put their name in, and in the remarks field put something in so they know it's from this new system.

Sounds fishy to me.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
We were told at our PCM if a no DR comes up and it is a residential delivery that should be a DR, hit the SDN, put their name in, and in the remarks field put something in so they know it's from this new system.

Sounds fishy to me.

Heck no, they can eat the send-again.