No DR's allowed--new thread--on topic please

bddaddy

Remember the "customer" is the shipper not the receiver. If we want to make the customer happy we need to follow the methods. No dr means no dr.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Remember the "customer" is the shipper not the receiver. If we want to make the customer happy we need to follow the methods. No dr means no dr.
The shipper is not requesting that we get a signature.

This isn't about improperly DR'ing businesses. This is about being unable to DR residential addresses due to a billing discrepancy.

I understand what UPS is trying to do here, but the time of year and the manner in which the company is going about it is asinine.

chris9834

I don't mind filling out the questionnaire. I do mind no longer knowing where I can and cannot DR or having any ability to explain to my customers what is going on. Particularly when peak is about to start.
My point exactly i mean im a cover driver so if u hav a stupid cover driver who isnt payn attention and is covering a split he may hit the wrong number then it will be heck i imagine to fix it.

soberups

So I figured out an honest workaround for the "No DR" BS to residential addresses.
Scan the package and if no one is home, record as NI1 and fill out the questionnare.
Then put the same address in, enter "duplicate stop", and type in the 6-digit shipper number. Then type the entire 1Z label into the ID# column and remarks column. By not scanning it, you can defeat the prohibition against Driver Release that will be gone the following day anyway (the Delivery Designation program only works on Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
The package will wind up as a no-scan the following day but that is preferable to it being missed if you are running out of hours.
I have used this method in situations where I just spent 5 minutes lugging the package up a half-mile long driveway only to be told I cant DR it. I am running out of hours, so rather than repeat the process the following day ( when the DR WILL be allowed) I defeat it and avoid the send again that could result in other customers having missed stops.

Overpaid Union Thug

So I figured out an honest workaround for the "No DR" BS to residential addresses.
Scan the package and if no one is home, record as NI1 and fill out the questionnare.
Then put the same address in, enter "duplicate stop", and type in the 6-digit shipper number. Then type the entire 1Z label into the ID# column and remarks column. By not scanning it, you can defeat the prohibition against Driver Release that will be gone the following day anyway (the Delivery Designation program only works on Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
The package will wind up as a no-scan the following day but that is preferable to it being missed if you are running out of hours.
I have used this method in situations where I just spent 5 minutes lugging the package up a half-mile long driveway only to be told I cant DR it. I am running out of hours, so rather than repeat the process the following day ( when the DR WILL be allowed) I defeat it and avoid the send again that could result in other customers having missed stops.
Clever but ours happens every day here. Not just on certain days. I sheet as NI1 (sometimes in frustration) as I would for any other No Dr and keep on trucking. I think it's better to do exactly what we are told and let the service failures and excessive send agains force corporate's hands rather than finding ways to make problems disappear temporarily. The latter gives them zero incentive to fix the problems.

Lugging boxes up a long, wet, steep, winding, gravel/dirt driveway only to fill out an info notice because corporate and/or other drivers screwed up is frustrating (did it last night) but it won't get fixed by working around the system or doing anything that can be construed as falsifying and/or dishonesty per the contract.

Last edited:

So now you can spend 5 minutes a day for a week lugging that driver follow up, up that half-mile driveway.

Grey

Anytime No DR appears on the screen I hit RelNum. Sometimes it lets you release even when it's not Shipper Release. Why is that?

neiko

I had two shipper release omahas yesterday which at the addy said no driver release . I hit release number and typed in last 4 of tracking and hit resi on the list of options . Its really stupid the box says to release no matter anything but ups says to not dr . And my managers really have no clue on the random nature of these no dr its like pick a addy out of hat random . The others I have had have been customers who have a bussiness name sent to there house which makes sense .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would never do something like this without prior approval from my management team.

soberups

Who cares how many send agains they have?
I do.

I worked 59.4 hours last week and rolled a total of about 25 stops.

The 5 or 10 minutes I waste on an illegitimate send-again on Wednesday is 5 or 10 minutes and a missed stop on Friday when I am on fumes for hours.