No DR's what have you heard?

BCFan

Heard a rumor that the package car guys were going to have a day that no packages would be left without a signature. Heard is was to make a statement to fat cats in Atlanta to honor their current contract. Sounded like a pretty good idea, quite innovative.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The only time I try to get signatures at a lot of my stops is when I get the GPS alert that I am at the wrong place. I look at it as a CYA for any driver follow up issues down the road.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Atlanta won't give 2 ****s and we'll lose business, weakening both the company and the teamsters as a result

what ****ing genius came up with that one, he should get promoted to IE

You can't get two drivers to agree on anything. Someone thinks they are going to unify such an act? That rumor is too crazy even for the Feeder News Network.

ikoi62

This is as stupid as the people saying don't buy gas on a certain day to show the oil companies we don't like high prices...
this would fall under sabotaging the operation..which i think is a good way to get fired.

BCFan

Sounds like grounds of a warning letter for too many send agains, or whatever reasoning management can come up with.
I don't think you can get a warning letter for not DRing a pkg after all it's at the drivers discretion as to leaving a pkg at a location that might be risky .....BC

rod

Retired 22 years
I think all UPS drivers should wear only their underwear on Friday to protest not knowing where to buy UPS socks.

hembone

I believe not driver releasing a package in a safe location is not working as instructed. We had a driver in our center who would not dr certain packages (safe areas) to get his stop count up for the next day. The supervisor went out to the areas and started taking pictures. He stopped.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe not but you can get one for sabotaging operations.
How many times has management sabotaged operations by putting absolute crap loads out on the road or reloop an area and have business customers delivered at 3 instead of 11 as had been done for years...now they are FedEx customers...hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
How many times has management sabotaged operations by putting absolute crap loads out on the road or reloop an area and have business customers delivered at 3 instead of 11 as had been done for years...now they are FedEx customers...hmmm

Not your concern---the Union will tell you the Company has every right in the world to run their own business into the ground. As long as your checks don't bounce sit back, laugh and enjoy the ride as there isn't a Damn thing you can do about bad managing. I was resonding to coldworld not upstate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johney

Yea ok that makes sense, I want to work 10.5 waiting for old farts to get to the door when I can get the same workload done in 8.5 by DR'ing. then get beat up by my sup the next day because my SPORH are down. All for....what was this for again?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There are many battles to be fought during the upcoming contract negotiations but this is definitely not one of them! I fail to see what kind of message this would send to Atlanta.
As I stated earlier, I go out of my way to obtain signatures when GPS alerts me I'm not at the correct address. This is starting to happen more frequently lately and my management team has no idea why. All the more reason to fight against any company contract proposals to use telematics for any discipline. Their technology isn't perfect and someone should never lose their job over a flawed system.

Indecisi0n

Us proving a point shouldn't have an impact on service for our customers. It's not their fault management is a bunch of **** wads.