No Employee Shall Be Discharged!

athena

The folks who negotiated your contract are also the ones that fight the discharges. The fact they agreed to that language tells me they feel comfortable with its use. They will be the ones that have to fight any future discharges for dishonesty. They apparently did not have the same fears of using gps.

That doesn't really answer my question. I am not concerned whether the "folks who negotiated the contract" are comfortable with the language. I was never very good at being a blind follower. My question is why the push to fire based on technology only? Because it is easy? Convenient? Is going to make UPS a better place to work? Is going to dramatically improve the business? Make it easier to fire without being able to file a grievance and get re-hired?

tieguy

Banned
thank you so much gov. thats what i was getting at for this thread. one more gun to use against us. i really love my job and go the extra mile for my customers. will i have to worry because i feel im doing good for this company for providing service that i feel thy have forgotten along the way? with competion the way it is, we the Put customer first back into our jobs!

just let your boss know what you're doing and you'll be fine

sawdusttv

The folks who negotiated your contract are also the ones that fight the discharges. The fact they agreed to that language tells me they feel comfortable with its use. They will be the ones that have to fight any future discharges for dishonesty. They apparently did not have the same fears of using gps.

You are assuming that the people who negotiated our contract and that will be fighting future discharges are concerned with winning these discharge cases. I think NOT! Their poor negotiating skills that are evident, Lead me to believe that they have adopted a bartering system with the company that meets there own personal needs and disregards the rank and file.

browned out

Very true. As a steward I have been in these meetings representing 2 upsers that were my friends; only to be told by the BA or or Teamster rep who is at the panel representing the employee " the company says one of these guys has to be terminated and for us to work it out"

Cole

just let your boss know what you're doing and you'll be fine

As you know Tie, not all bosses are the same. What may be fine with one, isn't with another one. Heck I have heard so many different versions of various methods that change drastically from one mngr to the next. Even had them say at a pcm that you have to put your lunch in the board whether you take it or not, and that you wouldn't get in trouble for falsifying info. I had no small disagreement with the center manager, as that's the definition of false info.

If something happens to a pkg you delivered while clocked as lunch, guess who they will go after? Do you think they will admit they made that statement? Better be unified and make notes and back each other up. I don't ever skip my lunch so it's a non issue with me.

The center manager agreed but they haven't rescended the statement, so to me the company is encouraging dishonesty, and we will be pointing this out soon.

Browned out, what you mentioned above is no shock! A lot of these ba's are on leashes held by the company it seems. Did you mention that when those ba's were up for election?

Ciao

Cole

maybe if all you scabs didnt vote yes! all of us wouldnt be worried about how long we use the bathroom or talk to somebody.Also,its not part of your break if you talk to a customer or get stuck in traffic.GROW SOME BALLS AND EXPECT MORE FOR HOW HARD YOU WORK AND MAKE UPS!!

paidslave

im worried about article 6 using GPS against us. no discharge for FIRST OFFENSE. the way this company looks at things, everything is dishonesty. will breathing wrong be stealing time? what is everyones view on this article?

I believe UPS will have a difficult time using Technology to fire people. If you are Forging signatures then yes it may prove dishonest and you are gone. But other than that I don't believe Ups can have anyone fired for USING THE DIAD board. Remember verbal, verbal, written, supsension then termination within 9 months and any accusation need to be proven!

Make sure you request exactly what happened for your written warning so behavior can be changed!

Cole

Paid,

They can skip right to termination if they claim dishonesty. Then they hope to hold you out long as possible in hopes of you taking it as a suspension w/ no backpay, especially if you're not able to make ends meet. The members need to step up to the plate and help each other out in those cases and pool together funds those individuals wrongly pulled so they can afford to fight!

Oh and how's everything with you Tie?

Take care all

Cole

TheOCbaby

We've had 15 drivers in the past 6 weeks fired for GPS-related infractions ON THEIR FIRST DISCIPLINARY ACTION!! It was mostly for things like DRing a NDA in advance, sheeting a pkg as closed between 12-1PM and then pre-recording it and stop-completing it after 1:00, and for working through lunch and pre-recording stops. There is no warning for these. So far no driver has gotten their job back yet. The Teamsters haven't done diddly squat about it. They're just sitting on their hands and saying, "Look what God hath wrought." The Teamsters have become completely and totally worthless. They need to be voted out of existence and replaced with a union that actually cares about the jobs of their rank and file. Mark my words: the IBT will suffer serious repercussions for abandoning us drivers. UPS will suffer a financial disaster due to a swarm of wrongful termination lawsuits. Why both chose to go this way when they didn't need to is anyone's guess.

paidslave

This recording is nothing new. As you know this goes way back to when we were on sheets as far as putting times on the records. Diad does that for you and to prove the Diad is wrong for time is gonna be hard to prove. The diad makes the records and they are true so how can they be dishonest?

I belief the Gps will help us all to where we are unless you are off area and they have a witness and it is colaborated, other wise they are barking up a difficult tree!

Take the 5th under the constitution and don't incriminate yourself!

Answer GPS questions "I am not sure" I am not sure" blah blah till you know the tree they are getting at and answer the last one "I am not sure"!

If you are prerecording stops and sitting clicking them off area then yes you will be flagged and probably terminated. Do the job and and click the stops off at the location and you should have no problem regardless of the time it took to do. Yes like every technology there will be glitches and an arbitrator will recognize this if necessary!

my2cents!

paidslave

We've had 15 drivers in the past 6 weeks fired for GPS-related infractions ON THEIR FIRST DISCIPLINARY ACTION!! It was mostly for things like DRing a NDA in advance, sheeting a pkg as closed between 12-1PM and then pre-recording it and stop-completing it after 1:00, and for working through lunch and pre-recording stops. There is no warning for these. So far no driver has gotten their job back yet. The Teamsters haven't done diddly squat about it. They're just sitting on their hands and saying, "Look what God hath wrought." The Teamsters have become completely and totally worthless. They need to be voted out of existence and replaced with a union that actually cares about the jobs of their rank and file. Mark my words: the IBT will suffer serious repercussions for abandoning us drivers. UPS will suffer a financial disaster due to a swarm of wrongful termination lawsuits. Why both chose to go this way when they didn't need to is anyone's guess.

The only way to get a wrongful termination suit is to void arbitration and get representation swiftly and file on your own!

Why would anyone prerecord stops on there lunch hour? For what reason?

my2cents

705red

Browncafe Steward

Everything you described is not part of how we are suppose to do our jobs. Do your job the right way and hopefully you will not have anything to worry about. Why would you scan a nda before you are there? Because it will be late if you wait to scan it when you get there, which is dishonest. Why would you prerecod a closed business between 12 and 1 because ups is so far behind the times on this one. Not to many places completely close down from 12 to 1 anymore and this should be a done away practice. Typically what i have seen is because his stop is closed today so just tell your dispatcher and that stop will be taken off on this day. Dont give them a reason to terminate you.
maybe if all you scabs didnt vote yes! all of us wouldnt be worried about how long we use the bathroom or talk to somebody.Also,its not part of your break if you talk to a customer or get stuck in traffic.GROW SOME BALLS AND EXPECT MORE FOR HOW HARD YOU WORK AND MAKE UPS!!
I did not support this contract! But it was put up for a vote and the majority of upsers voted it in. Now why would you want to resort to name calling because our democratic right was used and everyone that voted had their voices heard. Isnt that what we are about? UNITY? Or are you a selfish knucklehead yourself?