No Flr 1,2,3,4

Johney

Here's a new one for ya. Told by dispatch today they are no longer able to dispatch packages to Flr 1,2,3,4 as it's harder to pick-up off the floor as compared to the shelf. All will be loaded to corresponding sections.(1000 sec,2000 sec and so on.) WOW! that's all I can say. I now see bulk on the shelf and single stops on the floor.

over9five

Staff member
Here's a new one for ya. Told by dispatch today they are no longer able to dispatch packages to Flr 1,2,3,4 as it's harder to pick-up off the floor as compared to the shelf. All will be loaded to corresponding sections.(1000 sec,2000 sec and so on.) WOW! that's all I can say. I now see bulk on the shelf and single stops on the floor.
Uhh, that's really stupid!

old levi's

blank space

Idiots..........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sometime I wonder if somebody up the ladder spends all their time thinking about ways to screw up operations.

Floyd Gondolli

Since i have epic preload skills and customize for my drivers. I will continue to put the stops where it was originally assigned to. Like you all say IDIOTS!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
listen you tards,, someone, very important in IE read a book about a story about loading ups trucks ,,and him and his attaboy boss came up with this COMPLETE CRAP,, anyway,, attaboy

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Are you sure thats all you were told, your information is only .50 correct...

Johney

Are you sure thats all you were told, your information is only .50 correct...
That's what I heard,not sure if it was told correctly. Do you have better info? Please correct my info if possible. I know trucks today had no Flr1 etc. I'd like to believe the powers to be are really not that in....,well never mind.

Johney

Mgmnt needs to turn off all this technology and pay attention to the real world.
Or at least start promoting more from within(if that's even possible).Back to the days where everyone had to have their butt in a seat for at least a year before going up the corporate ladder.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
That's what I heard,not sure if it was told correctly. Do you have better info? Please correct my info if possible. I know trucks today had no Flr1 etc. I'd like to believe the powers to be are really not that in....,well never mind.

Do not use FL1, FL2, RDC positions for 5 packages or less (PDS takes it out of daily plan if stop is scheduled for 5 or less packages). FL3 and FL4 can still be used.

(Preloader should drop bulk stop/large packages to FL1/FL2 per his/her training and continue to snake the load)

Reason:

Less chance of driver injuring him/herself when bending over to get package off the floor..admit it, how many times have you just grabbed the shelf with one hand and with the other just grabbed a package off the floor.

Less chance of preloader injuring him/herself when loading packages to floor position.

It takes less time for a preloader to load the package on a shelf then it does to load on floor.

It takes less time for a driver to select from the shelf then it does from a floor position.

Ok everyone bring it on...the good-the bad-the ugly on why this will not work.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Or at least start promoting more from within(if that's even possible).Back to the days where everyone had to have their butt in a seat for at least a year before going up the corporate ladder.

Do YOU have your letter in?

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid

Logi$tics

Johney

Do YOU have your letter in?
Not on your life! That's what I meant by "if that's possible". Sorry, but they(upper management) really treat lower management a lot worse now than 20 years ago. Crap flows down hill and on-roads are one step above the valley.

Johney

Do not use FL1, FL2, RDC positions for 5 packages or less (PDS takes it out of daily plan if stop is scheduled for 5 or less packages). FL3 and FL4 can still be used.

(Preloader should drop bulk stop/large packages to FL1/FL2 per his/her training and continue to snake the load)

Reason:

Less chance of driver injuring him/herself when bending over to get package off the floor..admit it, how many times have you just grabbed the shelf with one hand and with the other just grabbed a package off the floor.

Less chance of preloader injuring him/herself when loading packages to floor position.

It takes less time for a preloader to load the package on a shelf then it does to load on floor.

It takes less time for a driver to select from the shelf then it does from a floor position.

Ok everyone bring it on...the good-the bad-the ugly on why this will not work.
Dragon,
On paper it sounds good,and honestly it does, but in the real world it won't. Snake the load? Never happens, Bulk stops loaded on the floor? Never happens(unless PAL'd there). The turn over in the preload position is just too great(at least here) for this to work... period. Now maybe for a seasoned loader(10+ years) yes,but those people are hard to come by anymore. Myself, I hardly see the same person more than 3 weeks in a row.I for one am all for giving somethings a chance, but this just seems like a failure from the start.