No Flr 1,2,3,4

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Dragon,
On paper it sounds good,and honestly it does, but in the real world it won't. Snake the load? Never happens, Bulk stops loaded on the floor? Never happens(unless PAL'd there). The turn over in the preload position is just too great(at least here) for this to work... period. Now maybe for a seasoned loader(10+ years) yes,but those people are hard to come by anymore. Myself, I hardly see the same person more than 3 weeks in a row.I for one am all for giving somethings a chance, but this just seems like a failure from the start.

Seems like a good idea as you explained it, but as Johney said, most loaders only try to get the right packages into the right car before they're kicked off the clock. Even the experienced loaders in my center are rushed. I have as many as three different loaders a week, and no guarantee any have been here more than a month.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have daily bulk stops for FL1, FL2, FL3, FL4, RDR, RDL and RDC over 5 pieces each every day. Hopefully none of these will be touched cause I can tell you that my loader certainly isn't smart enough to move it to the floor his or herself.

Actually 50% of my stops are over 5 pieces each. So will I now have a FL5 thru FL99 as well? What will be left on the shelves!??!?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So why was my bulk stop with 4 packages loaded on the floor today and another stop with 15 in my 1000 section???????

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Here's a new one for ya. Told by dispatch today they are no longer able to dispatch packages to Flr 1,2,3,4 as it's harder to pick-up off the floor as compared to the shelf. All will be loaded to corresponding sections.(1000 sec,2000 sec and so on.) WOW! that's all I can say. I now see bulk on the shelf and single stops on the floor.

Its stuff like this that makes me think FEDEX is running the company and trying to ruin us.

Or maybe this is just another game of can you top this one.

Or this is not true, I mean really is anyone this dumb?

Johney

Its stuff like this that makes me think FEDEX is running the company and trying to ruin us.

Or maybe this is just another game of can you top this one.

Or this is not true, I mean really is anyone this dumb?
Check post #25. I believe Brown is replying to Dragons post.

Whoops!

NI3

Dragon,
On paper it sounds good,and honestly it does, but in the real world it won't. Snake the load? Never happens, Bulk stops loaded on the floor? Never happens(unless PAL'd there). The turn over in the preload position is just too great(at least here) for this to work... period. Now maybe for a seasoned loader(10+ years) yes,but those people are hard to come by anymore. Myself, I hardly see the same person more than 3 weeks in a row.I for one am all for giving somethings a chance, but this just seems like a failure from the start.

So are pkgs supposed to be loaded as instructed by management or as requested by the driver?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Dragon,

I agree, with the constant turnover its hard to get someone and really train them.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So are pkgs supposed to be loaded as instructed by management or as requested by the driver?

Should be loaded by PAL.

When you custom load a car for a driver that driver maybe ok. What happens when you have a different loader then the driver is mad because the car is not loaded the way he wants it, now its UPS fault and the day is crappy.

NI3

Should be loaded by PAL.

When you custom load a car for a driver that driver maybe ok. What happens when you have a different loader then the driver is mad because the car is not loaded the way he wants it, now its UPS fault and the day is crappy.

Ok, I think I'll just stick with training and management instructions then. What's the tricks to maximize production while minimizing wear and tear on my body?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ok, I think I'll just stick with training and management instructions then. What's the tricks to maximize production while minimizing wear and tear on my body?

"They" have their half in writing (training), if you're dumb enough to sign.
Do you have managements "instructioins" in writing????
I doubt it, they change daily.

kingOFchester

We are now on the no load on floor.

I go out with 210-230 stops. 340 pieces. 10 businesses that need to be off early. My shelves are already blown the friend' out. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Should be loaded by PAL.

I have the opposite problem. My regular loader loads by PAL with the exception of a few bulk stops. My cover loader builds custom loads which require an adjustment on my part.

BBAK

Banned
We are now on the no load on floor.

I go out with 210-230 stops. 340 pieces. 10 businesses that need to be off early. My shelves are already blown the friend' out. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

210-230 stops?????????? I'd probably leave Monday morning and tell them "Be back Friday night".

Indecisi0n

The rules is suppose to work like this: If your floor 1,2,3,4 has 5 packages or less then it goes to the shelf; 6 packages or more are suppose to stay on the floor.