No grievance hearings in months WTF!!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by FEDUPZE, Jan 20, 2015.

1. FEDUPZE

FEDUPZE New Member

I have several grievances filed. We have not had a grievance hearing since September. Is there anything I can do to get the ball rolling?

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Really

Why don't you call your BA and ask them.

3. Irishman Collins

Irishman Collins Active Member

Call the I.B.T. when they do nothing file labor board charges

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Lets start with the OP calling his BA first. Also not every grievance makes it to a hearing....

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds about right. I'm assuming these are 9.5's?

6. FEDUPZE

FEDUPZE New Member

They range from 9.5's to sups working.

7. FEDUPZE

FEDUPZE New Member

What is an OP?

8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You. The original poster.

9. Irishman Collins

Irishman Collins Active Member

Why would he need to call his b.a.? I would think the b.a. would of reached out to him by now.

10. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

No it doesn't. But if the grievance lacks merit, than the BA should have informed the OP in a timely manner that it will not be heard.

If it is a grievance to be heard, 4 months is ridiculous. Call your BA and see what the problem is.

If you get nowhere with him, call the local president. If your BA is the president, ask him to do what you pay him to do and schedule the hearings.

Labor charges are a last resort and could have some very serious unforeseen consequences. And I'm not talking about on the union side.

11. FEDUPZE

FEDUPZE New Member

The union keeps blaming the center manager. They are stating the company is refusing to hear grievances. It's an effing catch 22.

12. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Why do you assume they haven't?

13. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

If the company refuses to hear grievances locally they should be considered deadlocked and sent up to the state level panel. Speak to your business agent and ask b if that's being done or considered or what his plan is if not. If he has no plan call the international.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List