no help Fridays

upsman68

You heard of Perfect service Monday. My center manager has put in to place No help Fridays
It means you get your own work done and come on in. No helping the slackers. You don't even have to meet a slow driver to bring in his pickups in. Each person is on their own.
I love it.
and yes I take my lunch between the 3 and 5th hour
You can help If you want to but you are not obligated to. It makes for a great weekend. I can get ready fur Friday night drunk chat

JackStraw

We've had that in our ctr for a year. Sucks, cause Fridays are also known as eff u Friday, we're cutting routes so its usually heavy. So the guys that don't cut corners and run get to stay out late. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We don't have no help Fridays. We only have friend-U Friday, but they usually provide donuts, so at least I have a full stomach until I finish.

I would welcome that idea, because depending on the route I'm running I can be in and done by around 530. With the new Reg. Temps on, I am requested, almost daily to go bail out somebody

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I was dispatched with 50+ stops in the condos from hell on a recent Friday. Those crappy condos were from a neighboring route that was cut for the day. I was way over max for the day and I told the on car that one of the scheduled pickups for the day was going to be over 300 pieces and due to the crappy dispatch I would need help. I was told no help this Friday...I told them I'd see them at 930. OK, help is on the way....

bumped

I was dispatched with 50+ stops in the condos from hell on a recent Friday. Those crappy condos were from a neighboring route that was cut for the day. I was way over max for the day and I told the on car that one of the scheduled pickups for the day was going to be over 300 pieces and due to the crappy dispatch I would need help. I was told no help this Friday...I told them I'd see them at 930. OK, help is on the way....

"help is on the way" in my center code word for your on your own.

Cementups

Box Monkey
WE have something like this in my center(s) but we call it, "Every man for himself Friday".

Had a buddy of text me one Friday to see if I could help him if I got done early. My response to him was "Sorry. I got something to get to. It's called the weekend." He LOL'ed me and called me an ass. But I didn't help him either.
I have on other times offered to help people that I knew had something going on and were way over dispatched. If I got nowhere to be, may as well make a couple bucks.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We usually get FU dispatches on Fridays as well. I am on the 9.5 list,and since May have been over 3 times by Thursday.Management knows I'm going to file anyways so they really pile it on. <shug> just extra cash when i file on Monday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because you enjoy helping your fellow drivers so much?​

No, I don't enjoy helping my drivers out so much----a policy like this tends to further the divide the drivers, especially those whom the PDS eiither likes or dislikes.

The other day I was done a bit early so I went to find another driver to see if he needed any help. He is a driver that our PDS does not like. Turns out he had been overdispatched so I took 20 residential stops from him.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
The way I see it is. Do the job by there stupid methods and keep track on DOT hours. wait till the last min park the truck and tell them you are a DOT limit and someone needs to come and get you and take you back to the building. Should make for some interesting reading on related post.