No Help from the union.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Your right you probably would not have gotten all of your back pay, because the arbitrator would have deducted what you were making from your other job, or penalized you fro being lazy if you did not seek other employment while on termination.

If your not upset why would you start a thread slamming the union when in all actuality they were the only ones on your side! Start a thread about the attorney who sold you out!

I run a small computer repair shop that keeps me afloat when I`m not in my browns, my wife was recovering from a major surgery also so I was Mr Mom for quite a while.
I dont think the title "No help from the union" is slamming anyone to hard... They didnt help me this time. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, they may not of had an arbatration lined up at all and were gonna hang me out to dry or maybe fight tooth and nail ....
I`ll never know

705red

Browncafe Steward
I run a small computer repair shop that keeps me afloat when I`m not in my browns, my wife was recovering from a major surgery also so I was Mr Mom for quite a while.
I dont think the title "No help from the union" is slamming anyone to hard... They didnt help me this time. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, they may not of had an arbatration lined up at all and were gonna hang me out to dry or maybe fight tooth and nail ....
I`ll never know
That is something you will never know! Because you never gave them that chance! You did what you felt you had to do at the time, so in all reality its no ones fault. Your a grown man that has made many adult decdions through life. Own up to it, move on and i wish you and your family the best.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
hmmmm, after lawyers fees, UK probably ended up with a little over $30k, IF he had gotten all back pay as 705 theorized, <$29k. Pretty close to a push if you ask me. The time is a major factor.

Workers comp Lawyers only take 15% in California. we agreed on 48 which is way above the average 7-8 thousand for the kind of injury I had.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
That is something you will never know! Because you never gave them that chance! You did what you felt you had to do at the time, so in all reality its no ones fault. Your a grown man that has made many adult decdions through life. Own up to it, move on and i wish you and your family the best.

I gave them 5 months.......

705red

Browncafe Steward
I gave them 5 months.......
Arbitrations take time, typically well over a year. Thats why in our local we have agreed on having a sitting arbitrator at all disciplinary cases. Ups drags their feet hoping to really break an employee during this time, and in your case it has worked. Just imagine how many others have gone through this experience that are not aware of this site to talk about it.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

To be honest I`m just to tired to argue any more so lets agree to disagree. let me just say though I do feel that the whole arbatration process is way to long. I understand that its no ones fault but its something that needs to be adressed. I shouild have been allowed to work until panel, or better yet been allowed the time off to care for my family. And you just mentioned my biggest problem,they know they have you beat because they can out last you. Sometimes blessings come in disguise .

UPSGUY72

Why did you call the dock was the business closed. Or where you asking if they had room? I'm confused ?

If the business was closed than you should haved sheeted the package as closed and delivered the package the next day.

If they were open you should have delivered the package and found someone to sign for it. If they didn't want to sign for it at 10:20 than you should have taken the package back and told them I'll see you tomorrow.

How simple is that. I don't know about your route but it's a waste of time going back to a stop 2 hours later.

As far a calling in your not going to get fired for one NCNS so it seems you had a history of not being at work when you where suppose to be.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Why did you call the dock was the business closed. Or where you asking if they had room? I'm confused ?

If the business was closed than you should haved sheeted the package as closed and delivered the package the next day.

If they were open you should have delivered the package and found someone to sign for it. If they didn't want to sign for it at 10:20 than you should have taken the package back and told them I'll see you tomorrow.

How simple is that. I don't know about your route but it's a waste of time going back to a stop 2 hours later.

As far a calling in your not going to get fired for one NCNS so it seems you had a history of not being at work when you where suppose to be.

Its a bulk stop I have everyday at a busy dock. they get 45 50 large packages a day. I call in the morning to see if theres room because I dont want to be waiting for 20 30 mins for an empty space. If theres room I go deliver if not I sheet the packages as either not ready 1 or clsd 1. I used to just sheet the air up as customer requests a late /pass commitment time air but was told to sheet them up as closed before 10 30 if there was no room at the dock and re sheet them later when i delivered the ground. It made more sense to call and see if theres room than drive 2 miles out of my way to see for myself I was working as directed as far as the sheeting of the packages went but I guess sheeting them up from 2 miles away (even though I called) is considered dishonest.
I should of known better
off the radar its called initiative
on the radar its called dishonesty

Its a bulk stop I have everyday at a busy dock. they get 45 50 large packages a day. I call in the morning to see if theres room because I dont want to be waiting for 20 30 mins for an empty space. If theres room I go deliver if not I sheet the packages as either not ready 1 or clsd 1. I used to just sheet the air up as customer requests a late /pass commitment time air but was told to sheet them up as closed before 10 30 if there was no room at the dock and re sheet them later when i delivered the ground. It made more sense to call and see if theres room than drive 2 miles out of my way to see for myself I was working as directed as far as the sheeting of the packages went but I guess sheeting them up from 2 miles away (even though I called) is considered dishonest.
I should of known better

Why don't you deliver the air before 10:30? Do you know how to use your handtruck?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
no foot traffic allowed dock delivery only everyone waits in line even ups why is this such a big deal ?

Because instead of being lazy, and driving 2 stinking miles to sheet up something as closed, you forfeited your job. Was it worth it? I know this is all hindsight, but unless you have a huge butt, you should be able to see what you did wrong. You get, or I should say, got paid to drive as many miles as you had to, to do the job you were paid for. You didn't do it, and got fired. I'm sure you could've gotten your job back if you'd have taken a different tone, but, sie es la vie.

This is a perfect example of why we all need to choose wisely. Do the job the way you're supposed to do it, and you won't have any problems. I'm sorry that it went this way for you, UK, and I hope the best for you and the family. Was the wife's surgery a success? Hope so, take care.:peaceful:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Because instead of being lazy, and driving 2 stinking miles to sheet up something as closed, you forfeited your job. Was it worth it? I know this is all hindsight, but unless you have a huge butt, you should be able to see what you did wrong. You get, or I should say, got paid to drive as many miles as you had to, to do the job you were paid for. You didn't do it, and got fired. I'm sure you could've gotten your job back if you'd have taken a different tone, but, sie es la vie.

This is a perfect example of why we all need to choose wisely. Do the job the way you're supposed to do it, and you won't have any problems. I'm sorry that it went this way for you, UK, and I hope the best for you and the family. Was the wife's surgery a success? Hope so, take care.:peaceful:

thanks i think

over9five

Staff member
I just deleted the last 6 posts (including one of mine).

NO OFFENSE to anyone, nobody flamed or insulted anyone, but it was going against our "post like a child is reading" policy.
IE, it was getting inappropriate.

Please feel free to get back on subject!
Thanks!

rod

Retired 22 years
I just deleted the last 6 posts (including one of mine).

NO OFFENSE to anyone, nobody flamed or insulted anyone, but it was going against our "post like a child is reading" policy.
IE, it was getting inappropriate.

Please feel free to get back on subject!
Thanks!

Nobody flamed or insulted anyone? Why not just censor a few words then- even though I HATE CENSORSHIP. This is forum that includes many ruff and down to earth people and your trying to turn it into a "kiddie site". Shame on you.:angry:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Did you also fix the fact that it originally said, No Hep from the union?

Would you do me a favor and go through all my old posts and correct any grammatical errors you find?:wink2:

UPSGUY72

You should have done you job like you where trained. You drive to the stop and they either take the packages or they don't. You don't call them to see if they want them. If they don't want them at a specific time they can call UPS and make arraigements with management.

I think you need to go back and READ what people told you and your responses. Everytime you have an EXCUSE WHY YOU DID SOMETHING. If you just did things like you where trained to you wouldn't be in the situation that your in.

I should of known better

over9five

Staff member
Nobody flamed or insulted anyone? Why not just censor a few words then- even though I HATE CENSORSHIP. This is forum that includes many ruff and down to earth people and your trying to turn it into a "kiddie site". Shame on you.:angry:

Feel free to go over to Teamsternet if you like the inappropriate garbage. Believe me, there's no "censorship" over there.

BrownCafe is a Family Friendly site.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Feel free to go over to Teamsternet if you like the inappropriate garbage. Believe me, there's no "censorship" over there.

BrownCafe is a Family Friendly site.
What was unfriendly about the post i made? Are we to censor other cultures and language? We arent leaning away from free speech now are we?