No hope

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For the first time in my career I have no hope for peak. Ill be bringing stuff back after 14 hours of work. Just got a message rat another driver has over 100 left and needs help. Our center doesn't have a clue.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
For the first time in my career I have no hope for peak. Ill be bringing stuff back after 14 hours of work. Just got a message rat another driver has over 100 left and needs help. Our center doesn't have a clue.

"Hoping" is not your problem. Just do what you can and come back in.

killamjl

Yep same in my center.
We have been running everyone so close to 9.5 all year thats there no flex left for peak volume. Not to mention we are down 4-5 people from injuiries and retirement.

Also it would seem that the preload and night sort is understaffed so pulling seasonal drivers from that pool is not a working option.

Ive seen really bad peak days before. But this entire peak season is already in the crapper.

Makes me wonder though how things like that effect the bottom line. How many missed deliveries/pickups before you start losing customers.

Indecisi0n

"Hoping" is not your problem. Just do what you can and come back in.

That's what I tell drivers. There are drives that have x10 the senority than me and they cry about their stop count everyday like a baby. I tell them do what you can and report your ETA when they ask and just deal with it. Stop crying.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tightest ship.........I sent a msg for an air meet last night. at 530. got no reply, 60 nda nearly missed the pull. they told me next time I need to pick up the phone and call................I told them next time they need to do their job instead of yakking on their Iphone to family and friends, The diad is our contact, not my phone.
Heads up UPS, Christmas is coming, its on the 25th of December this year.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That's what I tell drivers. There are drives that have x10 the senority than me and they cry about their stop count everyday like a baby. I tell them do what you can and report your ETA when they ask and just deal with it. Stop crying.

Kiddo, I probably have x30 your seniority.:surprised:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I get paid by the hour!

skrilla3.gif

I love peak. It seems to always be easier than the rest of the year. Plus I came to grips a long time ago that I would be working in the dark and have grown to actually enjoy it. When you are working extra hours like you are right now think about a reward for yourself on Friday night. Ill be picking up some good ass beer and on Sunday while watching football I'll be cooking beef ribs on the grill.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have peak hit very early as well. Routes are still either being cut,or additional routes that are usually put in during peak are not in. We have been using helpers since October,and since Nov 1 the lightest day I have had has been 10.5 hours.
I am still observing Telematics ,working safely and by the methods. I'd prefer not working so many hours but I can suck it up for the rest of this month and the next because in January i'll be on the 9.5 list very quickly and i'll get my 8 hour requests back. Of course my grandkids are going to have a GREAT Christmas this year

Brownslave688

Clocked out at 22:50. Missed prob 15 stops. I can accept its peak already and it's going to be a disaster. What I worry about is lost customers. When we deliver after 10 at night they don't like it. Would not matter if we started at noon and had only worked ten hours. If we started at 6am and worked til 9 they wouldn't care. Something needs to be done about the super late start times. Oh well my wife should enjoy Christmas this year.

Brokedownandbrown

Not enough drivers,vehicles, but your tighter area and go ahead and keep your helper all day that should solve it.

Sorry Money back is not in effect also goes for Fred-Ex.

ymelord

You just can't care anymore, call them in, and bring'em back, not your problem. It sucks after years of caring, but thats the way it is.

Brownslave688

I don't agree with this at all. If you just go do it the chances of it getting fixed are zero. If you let them know there is a problem then at least there is a chance it gets fixed. Not likely I know but still. Also it helps to let it out and when u tell them face to face you know they got the message. Instead of sending a message in the board to John Doe saying dispatch is terrible. Those never get passed on.