No hope

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
This is the first time I feel my building is prepared. they just put an insider on the road in my loop and took a huge split off me. never seen this seasonal route before. Went from 100 bus stops and 100 resi stops to 40 bus and 160 resi stops. yeah it's still 200 but ring and fling is easier on the back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

cry me a river

Why are you even here? You are a disgruntled former employee who only adds negativity to every thread that you post on. Would you please do us all a favor and move on?

Honey-badger.gif

How does this add to the discussion?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tooner, I have to agree with your center team on the air meet. I would have sent the initial request through the DIAD but would have followed up with a phone call when I didn't get a response.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Tooner, I have to agree with your center team on the air meet. I would have sent the initial request through the DIAD but would have followed up with a phone call when I didn't get a response.

I agree Dave, BUT for the mgmt team to tell tooner that the driver HAD to make a phone call is wrong. Whoever gets the msgs should have passsed the msg on. A phone call is NOT required.

Indecisi0n

I don't agree with this at all. If you just go do it the chances of it getting fixed are zero. If you let them know there is a problem then at least there is a chance it gets fixed. Not likely I know but still. Also it helps to let it out and when u tell them face to face you know they got the message. Instead of sending a message in the board to John Doe saying dispatch is terrible. Those never get passed on.

So you think stomping your feel like a child and crying about it helps? I don't understand why grown men do that.

S

serenity now

Tightest ship.........I sent a msg for an air meet last night. at 530. got no reply, 60 nda nearly missed the pull. they told me next time I need to pick up the phone and call................I told them next time they need to do their job instead of yakking on their Iphone to family and friends, The diad is our contact, not my phone.
Heads up UPS, Christmas is coming, its on the 25th of December this year.

this is a prime example of why the driver should be able to send a response required diad message

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

this is a prime example of why the driver should be able to send a response required diad message

I add the letters NRR (No Response Required) whenever I send a message that I don't need a response to as our OMS feels she must respond to each and every message, whether they are operational or informational in nature.

Indecisi0n

You know how many times they send me "Call the office." My response in "No, unless you want me to break and find a phone." If i need business help, i send it in ONCE, take my lunch and go about my day. If they mever get back to me and i have missed business it's not my problem. If there is an issues about it that day i print my messages at the end of the night, problem solved.

S

serenity now

I add the letters NRR (No Response Required) whenever I send a message that I don't need a response to as our OMS feels she must respond to each and every message, whether they are operational or informational in nature.

not good enough * we should be able to lock up their monitor, just like they do with our diad

barnyard

KTM rider

Not me.

My cell phone is MINE. I deliver in an area with crappy reception, including a couple of in town spots with no service. UPS pays for the DIADS, USE THEM.

I do call every now and then, but am getting to the place where I only use the diad. Areas will crappy cell service wear the battery down on my phone fast. I would rather have power in case my wife calls than use up the power calling UPS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why are you even here? You are a disgruntled former employee who only adds negativity to every thread that you post on. Would you please do us all a favor and move on?

How does this add to the discussion?

The only relevant Badger is the one that will chew up OSU on Saturday. As far as peak, yawn. Peak is their plan, their problem.