No Morale in the back of the waggons!!

seb421

is it just our Leyland UK hub that doesnt have a radio?

when i question work they come out with, were not alowed to play it we dont have a public entertainment lisence!

which is a load of **** becuase they are not entertaining the general public as its a restricted acces building

then they said they dont have a brodcasting lisence, again a load of **** because they are not broadcasing the radio siganl they would be reciveing it.

so i ask does any other ups hub ban morale in the work place?

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just sing aloud, which really boosts morale........NOT! j/k

It's an on/off type of thing where I work. pre/reload are allowed to listen on a flavor of the month basis. I don't think this month has that particular flavor.:knockedout:

seb421

its a joke, they wont evan alow us to play personal MP3 Players, not evan just having one ear phone in.

i thaught they was taking the piss till i was made to remove mine some month's ago

does any one one know UPS offical stand on the Radio / MP3 issue?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
its a joke, they wont evan alow us to play personal MP3 Players, not evan just having one ear phone in.

i thaught they was taking the piss till i was made to remove mine some month's ago

does any one one know UPS offical stand on the Radio / MP3 issue?
Yeah, they're not allowed, "officially". I say, learn to live without the tunes and you'll be better off in the long run, but that's just me.

seb421

do they give any reason as to why they are not allowed?

studies show that listening to the radio helps sustain mental stimulation and should there fore help reduce miss load frequency

has no union challenged this?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
do they give any reason as to why they are not allowed?

studies show that listening to the radio helps sustain mental stimulation and should there fore help reduce miss load frequency

has no union challenged this?
Studies show that people who ask too many questions at UPS tend to move into the center of the UPS radar. Further studies have shown that no matter how much begging you do, you'll never get what you want, just because it's something that would make you feel good. Oh, and I believe people have been killed by the musical distraction, but what do I know, I'm just a driver here.

seb421

im not that fussed about any kind of 'gestapo' i mearly work the job to pay for my education.

further more a driver nearly removed my left foot crushing it between the wagon and the load deck some time ago by hooking up to a trailer whilst it was being loaded, something that he sholud not have done untill after the shift, that casued quite a stir in the work place

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Studies show that people who take too many pictures at UPS tend to move into the center of the UPS radar. Further studies have shown that no matter how much explaining you do about the pictures, you'll never get anywhere, just because it's something that could get you in to trouble.

Fixed it for you, Steve.:wink2:

As far as playing music in the hub, our dispatch/preload sup likes to keep that bargaining chip in his back pocket. Most days when I come in the music is playing but if the preload is running late or the sup is in a bad mood it will be eerily silent.

fethrs

At my hub, listening to music doesn't have anything to do with morale. We are not supposed to use mp3 players or use electrical outlets for radios. Osha rules for the outlets and safety issues for the mp3 players. It is hit and miss with management, and a flavor of the month thing, but like I said, nothing to do with morale. That would be employee of the month with goodies, bbqs and munchies on Fridays.
You can explain your reasoning to management, but if they say no music, then that's that.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I have music running through my head; over and over and over and over and over...............................

Does anyone else have this??

rod

Retired 22 years
They have a kick :censored2: stereo system complete with big speakers mounted up in the rafters at my old building.

seb421

Once the belts and rollers are turned on how can you hear anything but that?

if they are that loud in your workplace that you can't hear a radio played at a resonable volume over them then i would be asking 'management' to provide you with ear protection.

D

Dis-organized Labor

if they are that loud in your workplace that you can't hear a radio played at a resonable volume over them then i would be asking 'management' to provide you with ear protection.

How do you know that they'll hear you ask over all that noise??:blink:

D

Dis-organized Labor

i will take this as failed humour.

if it was indeed so bad then i would put pen to paper leaving them a note assuming that they can read, or are they dumb as well as deaf?

FAILED???? How dare you:madashell: