No More Frat Policy???

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
My building has married co-workers(management to union) that I know of. The relationships aren't such that favoritism could play a part in operational decisions so I don't know why it would ever be a problem. UPS needs to get with the times.

I saw the actual presentation that pretty much abolishes all frat rules... the funny thing is that they reiterate the anti-harassment policy, so all you boys in khakis looking to finally close the deal with hourlies/admins, don't forget all she has to do is cry harassment and you're out without an investigation or anything. I'm thinking this might be another roundabout way of weeding out some of those mid-grade salaries, but that might be a stretch. I know UPS is going to save major money not having to chase these policy violaters around constantly, but what is HR going to do without this responsibility? Supposedly, the presentation for the new guidelines is due to hit UPSers on September 8th under the "Our Company" tab.

UPSmeoff

My wife used to be in mgmt when i met her.

I was a preloader at the time.

We became good friends, and after 10 years one thing led to another.

It's nice to talk about work with someone who knows everybody i'm bitching about.

tomuchdrama

Re: playing with lives

:dissapointed:on friday night in palatine we had a driver who had p/o someone [feeder ] well this ass pulled the 5th wheel handle on tractor.trailer came off 5th wheel,thank god trailer did not slide all the way off.kind of makes me wonder what kind of guys i work with?

Black_6_Leader

The policy is . . . .

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We Limit the Employment of Relatives [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In order to help maintain equal opportunity of employment for the general public and equal opportunity of promotion for our employees, we limit the hiring of relatives. Relatives of current employees up to and including the level of center manager are eligible only for part-time employment in operations. Relatives of current employees at the level of division manager or above are ineligible for employment. Also, we do not hire relatives of former district managers or managers with equivalent or higher levels of responsibility.

This policy helps us avoid misunderstandings, acts of favoritism, or the perception of favoritism that could arise were an employee in a position to influence the hiring, work, or advancement of a relative.

For similar reasons, we discourage continuation of the full-time or part-time employment of any employee who marries another employee while either person holds a management position.
[/FONT]

babbsD

actually the "frat" policy was eliminated a couple years ago due to a lawsuit where someone finally realized their civil rights were questioned. however they have not made it known its been eliminated.

RFDUpsSup

RFD Hub OUtbound Sup.
According to UPSers.com, they've "amended" the Frat Policy such that it conforms with every other company I've ever worked at. Sups can't mess around with people in their Area or other Sups in the same work group. If they do, someone gets moved or "resigns" if re-assignment is absolutely impossible.