No more GPS??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by derf3733, Mar 29, 2007.

1. derf3733

derf3733 Member

During this mornings PCM we were told the GPS function in the DIAD has been disabled until further notice because it works as poorly as the PAS system.

Anybody else get theirs disabled?

2. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

I don’t know about that but my “you’re at the wrong address GPS alert” has been going off constantly. :confused:1

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I wish! It certainly does suck. Damn thing gives that asinine alert 20 times a day. Sounds like you're stealing a car.

When I was a merc, they'd tell us, "remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder".

Same thing with the DIAD.

4. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

mine was off today...in N.E. Ohio...we were never informed

Oh.. perhaps we were, I had to load my own truck..missed the PCM...my bad

5. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

Mine was off today also
    NY

6. Hangingon

Hangingon New Member

How much money was wasted on that piece of badly designed and implemented upgrade?

7. deezilfuelonly

deezilfuelonly New Member

It's beacause the stupid sattelite they bought was made in mexico as well....

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I didn't hear anything but mine has been yellow/orange for the last couple of days.

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

On DIAD 4 for a year. Never enabled in our neck of the woods.

10. jlphotog

jlphotog Member

Reading the above posts makes me glad we are still on DIAD 3.

11. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

I hope not.
    It is one of the few laughs I get during the day. After 15 yrs on the same route in the middle of nowhere , GPS signals me that I am at the wrong address.
    I like it only because management could find my body if something should happen. Not one manager has ever been on my entire route.

12. cino321

cino321 Active Member

That you are at least aware of... lol.

13. username

username BoOmBasTiC

What is A diad?

14. 30andout

30andout New Member

Do It All Device:confused:1

15. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Good one. I always check my six, but you never really know.

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Mine was working again today. I too have had it come up red when i know damn wel that I am at the right houseas I am there every other day for hte past 3 years.

17. Lowhigh

Lowhigh Over Dispatched

The DIAD; How many trees it has saved...and how many human lives it has ruined.

18. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

A manager...On a car??? You gotta be Joking!!!!!!! That would NEVER happen here!!!!

19. Griff

Griff Active Member

DIAD - [SIZE=-1]Delivery Information Acquisition Device

Pretty sad that I remember that?

center manager's here are out on the road looking to fire people constantly. They borrow each others cars and other sneaky tactics to catch you off guard. It seems to vary a great deal from center to center though. Some center manager's don't care if you break every rule in the book, as long as we make the #'s look great. Others try to look good by going out and being an enforcer, trying to get half the center fired within a month.
    [/SIZE]