No more Pm Dispatch.....lol

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dr.Brownz, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

One year ago our center manager pledged to the drivers that pm dispatch would only occur on "rare emergency days"

Well one of our senior drivers kept track of it and it appears over 60 percent of the time (read more than 3 days a week) they had to pm dispatch atleast one driver

Damn ups nothing ever changes here.

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You were lied to, you act surprised.

3. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Get the cardboard out of the building......

That's all that matters.

4. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

nope,, orion fixed that

5. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

at least one vs how many on the road? Surely you are not complaining about that.

So what did the rest of you do that were not PM dispatched? Did you come in early because you knew you didn't need to help anyone? I would bet the majority of stayed out and punched off at the same time, its about the money you cannot take a pay cut because most of you live beyond your means.

6. What does this mean? It doesn't make sense to me

7. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

No no and no. I despise ot... Limit all drivers to 8, stop all ot. Fine with me. Run 15 routes when there is enough over 9/5 work for 18 routes and guess what happens...we all lose

8. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Sounds like something a douchebag would say. Perhaps someone got their :censored2: chewed out pretty good on a conference call today. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you. Then again, probably not. Must suck to live in fear of your job.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

My responses
    agree...

my responses to that member seem to disapear.

10. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Some live beyond their means. Some don't. Just like your chain smoking buddies in management. The difference between you people and the drivers is that your careers depend solely on irrelevant and unrealistic metrics and whether or not you can lie and manipulate effectively enough to achieve them. But smoke way lier. Smoke away.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  11. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

"PM Dispatch"? We don't use that term here. You mean being asked to help someone else? In my previous center I was constantly asked to help others because the PDS was constantly over-dispatching almost every driver daily. In my current center the center manager claims he puts in more routes than IE wants him to and our average dispatched day is 8.6 hours instead of 9.1 hours. Obviously this doesn't mean the average driver is done in 8.6 hours, just that the plan is half an hour less than the other center.
    I'm now very rarely asked to help anyone and if I am it's to help with a pickup that was unexpectedly blown out and that's maybe 3 times a year. I'm never ever asked to go take stops off someone and maybe once a year asked to grab someone's air.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Read it a bit more slowly---it make perfect sense.

13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

To me it's terrible to just leave a few guys out there to rot every day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Brownslave688

If prefer about 7 hours. ;)

15. Jlemansk

Jlemansk Active Member

I could care less if I get overtime. I would take a straight 8 every day, if they would give it to me.

16. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

The perfect us vs them mentality. Dont matter how much I have I try like hell to get done as early as I can. Some days the stars are aligned, some not. Where I work, I certainly dont want to slow down to make ot.

17. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

you get 2 requests per month!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Brownslave688

3 for me. :)

19. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I rather take 20 stops off of someone than having to cover their pickups

20. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

If it weren't for PM dispatch. We wouldn't have a dispatch. Those clowns in the morning are on auto pilot as soon as the coffee machine turns on.