No more Pm Dispatch.....lol

Dr.Brownz

One year ago our center manager pledged to the drivers that pm dispatch would only occur on "rare emergency days"

Well one of our senior drivers kept track of it and it appears over 60 percent of the time (read more than 3 days a week) they had to pm dispatch atleast one driver

Damn ups nothing ever changes here.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
One year ago our center manager pledged to the drivers that pm dispatch would only occur on "rare emergency days"

Well one of our senior drivers kept track of it and it appears over 60 percent of the time (read more than 3 days a week) they had to pm dispatch atleast one driver

at least one vs how many on the road? Surely you are not complaining about that.

So what did the rest of you do that were not PM dispatched? Did you come in early because you knew you didn't need to help anyone? I would bet the majority of stayed out and punched off at the same time, its about the money you cannot take a pay cut because most of you live beyond your means.

at least one vs how many on the road? Surely you are not complaining about that.

So what did the rest of you do that were not PM dispatched? Did you come in early because you knew you didn't need to help anyone? I would bet the majority of stayed out and punched off at the same time, its about the money you cannot take a pay cut because most of you live beyond your means.
What does this mean? It doesn't make sense to me

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

No no and no. I despise ot... Limit all drivers to 8, stop all ot. Fine with me. Run 15 routes when there is enough over 9/5 work for 18 routes and guess what happens...we all lose

kingOFchester

ts about the money you cannot take a pay cut because most of you live beyond your means.

Sounds like something a :censored2:bag would say. Perhaps someone got their :censored2: chewed out pretty good on a conference call today. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you. Then again, probably not. Must suck to live in fear of your job.

Overpaid Union Thug

Some live beyond their means. Some don't. Just like your chain smoking buddies in management. The difference between you people and the drivers is that your careers depend solely on irrelevant and unrealistic metrics and whether or not you can lie and manipulate effectively enough to achieve them. But smoke way lier. Smoke away.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
"PM Dispatch"? We don't use that term here. You mean being asked to help someone else? In my previous center I was constantly asked to help others because the PDS was constantly over-dispatching almost every driver daily. In my current center the center manager claims he puts in more routes than IE wants him to and our average dispatched day is 8.6 hours instead of 9.1 hours. Obviously this doesn't mean the average driver is done in 8.6 hours, just that the plan is half an hour less than the other center.
I'm now very rarely asked to help anyone and if I am it's to help with a pickup that was unexpectedly blown out and that's maybe 3 times a year. I'm never ever asked to go take stops off someone and maybe once a year asked to grab someone's air.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

To me it's terrible to just leave a few guys out there to rot every day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The perfect us vs them mentality. Dont matter how much I have I try like hell to get done as early as I can. Some days the stars are aligned, some not. Where I work, I certainly dont want to slow down to make ot.

Bottom rung

If it weren't for PM dispatch. We wouldn't have a dispatch. Those clowns in the morning are on auto pilot as soon as the coffee machine turns on.