No more saturday air driving!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Theichii, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Theichii

Theichii New Member

For me that is...after a year i am finally full-time,heck yea!

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yeah...so...

3. chev

chev Nightcrawler

I think someone might be a little excited and just had to tell the world. :happy-very:
    Congrats Theichii. Good luck.

4. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

GREAT!! I wish you luck. I hope some day I will be able to write the same post.....but then the "post police' will say "you should of used the search button.

5. Raw

Raw Raw Member

....be careful what you wish for....:wink2:

6. tunemixer

tunemixer New Member

Congrats!!! Don't let any of these guys burst your balloon. The options are pretty thin out there in the working world. I wish the people who crap on UPS would just quit their jobs and go o work somewhere else.IF THE CAN FIND A JOB. Let them see what ts like to work day to day not knowing if they even have a job. Let them find out what its like to pay for their own benefits. IF they are even avalible . Let them find out what its like to work for little money. Let them find out what its like not to have a penison.
    I have my days but for the most part I like my job. Its my own business.They give me the truck and packages ( yeah a lot of them sometimes ) and I go about my day.I do a good job and don't make waves they leave me alone. Bitch and moan and and they make it hard on you.
    For those of you complainers out there. Quit if you don't like it. We don't need to hear your negative attitude. Be thankful you have a damn job. There are millions out there right now that would love your job!
    Yeah the work sucks sometimes. But I've been on the other side in many different jobs. I know what all of that is like. I have been through two layoffs and a plant closing. I was married , a new morage and a wife that was about to have a baby when UPS called.That was 1983. I retiring this Dec. I'm 61 years old and will be 62 when get done. It was the BEST move I have ever made.
    Sorry to sound like I'm standing on a soapbox but this crap gets old.
    So be happy. And don't let others get you down. Its a good company. They ask a lot but we get alot. I'm proud to say I work for UPS.
    Congratulations!!!

7. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

Typical Yankee response.

8. BrownBlue

BrownBlue New Jack

Don't let the fire burn out, due to the countless attempts by management to douse your flame by making your job harder than it needs to be with their remarkable ability to manage.:peaceful:

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Just cause you stayed home by yourself last night and watched reruns of Green Acres and we're up posting at 6:01 AM don't take it out on the lad.:devil3:

10. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Theichii, congratulations on making full time. You are lucky in these current economic bad times. I haven't done Saturday Air in years, I remember it was easy work. I am giving up doing EAMs next Wednesday, I get to sleep normal hours again!

11. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Nice going, Theichii !!

Make sure you post back, and let us know how FT is going.

12. feederdriver06

feederdriver06 former monkey slave

Couldn't have said it better myself

13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

You'll love sleeping late on Saturdays:happy2:

14. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

If you would like a little ot, we are always looking for some sat drivers.
    Why just yesterday they sent out a message over the diad about it.

15. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

You mean sleeping all day Saturdays lol lol lol

16. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I had the same response when I first went full-time. Now I wouldn't mind working saturdays now and then. I'm amazed that you went full-time this time of year. Are you driving every day or working double shifts inside sometimes?

17. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Congrats to you, good luck and be prepared!:peaceful:

18. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

Conrats to both Theichii and scratch for a move to the better!

19. scoutjumper

scoutjumper New Member

Amen tunemixer Amen

20. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Try to keep in mind that most of us here that complain do it for theraputic reasons. Sometimes we need a place to come to simply to vent our frustrations. The BC is the perfect place. It's not that we hate UPS or our job, but it's nice to have somewhere to let loose with all our frustration. It feels nice sometimes to come on here and see that the problems you have are shared. For the most part, we all grateful for the things we have.