No more stops loaded on floor

thessalonian13

Ok this past week my floor loaded packages started being put on the shelf.

I went to my Sup and asked him, deer in the headlights, so I went to talk to the Preload sup., and was told the following.

Someone up in an office somewhere has come up with the bright idea that unless you have 10 packages or more nothing should be loaded on the floor. Now I have one stop that was loaded in the rear, got 4 to 8 that weigh about 50 pounds, thanks too this new thinking I now have to work them out my side door.

All the other heavy stuff I had on the floor is now either jammed on the shelf or still on the floor and just all random, and because I am now losing shelf space for large packages I am getting small stuff just dumped on the floors, which I now waste time picking of the floor and lining it up, losing time as I do it.

My questions is this. Do the people who do this have bets as to who can screw up the loads the most?
Do they get awards for coming up with plans that will make us work harder, go slower?

I really mean it, are they just trying to make the job worse, are they trying to hurt us?

Oh my sup. thinks this is dumb and feels bad for us, and he is not going to say anything becuse he does not want to make waves with the people above.
I sometimes wonder if these dimwits are actually Fed-Ex employees that are working in UPS in order to screw us up. I know this is a big-time conspiracy theory, but at this point the sheer stupidness of this can only point to this wacky theory. I am at a loss for words... LMFAO

S

splozi

This has not happened at my center yet, so I'm guessing that it is a regional thing.

But in any case, as far as the floor positions being removed from the PAL labels, I do not see an issue... assuming you have a loader who knows what he/she is doing.

I know my trucks fairly well. I load two routes, three trucks, one of which is a buff. The buff and the larger sized car is one route, which are mostly businesses. The third is a mix of business and residential, and is a small car (smallest?). I don't know the model numbers. This one is the trickiest to load, as it's all about space management. The only floor positions I have on this one are Flr 1, 2, 3, RDL and RDR. Aside from 1 and 2, these don't mean anything to me - they go where they need to go. If these floor positions were removed from PALs, assuming the stop had fewer than whatever the max was, it wouldn't affect my load at all.

I don't care if one stop has 3 pieces, if they're huge, they're going on the floor. Big crap goes on the floor, small crap goes on the shelf. If there's WAY too much big crap for one stop, it gets stacked out and will be center loaded later.

My buff, obviously, is loaded by stop. It has maybe 15 stops, and each one goes in specific areas. As far as the other two cars go, my drivers have not really given me any specific instruction on where to put certain stops. While this is annoying at times, it leaves the decisions up to me, and I have only received compliments for my loads. Some of which have come from drivers that normally do not run that route.

If this lovely technique came to my center, and our pt sup brought it to our attention, I would continue to do things the way I did before, because there's no other way to do it correctly until someone shows me otherwise.

This reminds me of something from several weeks ago. Irreg drivers started putting ALL pieces on the bottom belt. I caught one, and I told him those were for the first area. My sup was upstairs doing observations. The irreg driver told my sup that they've been told to put ALL irregs on the belt, that they weren't allowed to leave anything at the front of the belt, unless it didn't fit. My sup investigated this further and told me that someone in an office somewhere made this decision. It didn't last very long. I do not need crap for my first truck on the belt. In fact, I don't need crap for ANY of my trucks on the belt. If I'm in the buff putting packages up, I'm not going to hop in and out fetching irregs like a :censored2: monkey.

Sorry for the novel, I like to rant when I’m drunk.
Canadian Club 10yr whiskey tonight. It’s cheap, but I’m a part timer and we get paid in bits of string.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Sounds like another excuse to give you on the reason why your load looks like ass. They get thier PPH up by just throwing it on the shelf with little concern if the rest of the packages PALed to that location will fit. This results in the smaller ones being tossed on the floor. Next thing they'll do is leave them in the smalls bags/totes citing safety/damages result less when they are containerized.

this reminds me of a peak route that i had about 25 yrs. ago.........the package car was "loaded"......however...there were about 4 or 5 tote boxes pitched in the car...which were supposedly mine........needless to say, this was a failure.......as are present conditions..........good luck to all current employees