No more unscheduled pick ups ?

TXDriver

Long time reader , 1st time to post. Been with the company for 11 years , FT driver for the last 7 years

We have been told in our center to no longer put anything under unscheduled pickups. Anything not scheduled is to be put under special counts with ARS packages which means we no longer get credit for the picking up any packages. I was just wondering if other centers are doing the same ?

midwestmess

We started doing this earlier this year. We are a bonus center and anything they can do to bring bonus numbers down they will. We were also told not to scan anything just put the total nuber of pkgs you picked up in the board unless it is a drop box. My theory is that if we do this they can fudge the numbers where if you scan each pkgs they can't.

satellitedriver

Welcome to Brown Cafe, TX.
The 2 second credit for a scanned on road RS/ ASD pickup pkg will have little effect on your bonus and none on your take home pay.

cino321

I heard that we weren't getting time credit for doing the unscheduled pick up anymore. From now on we were told to put all unscheduled pick ups as on call air's in the board.

tourists24

Long time reader , 1st time to post. Been with the company for 11 years , FT driver for the last 7 years

We have been told in our center to no longer put anything under unscheduled pickups. Anything not scheduled is to be put under special counts with ARS packages which means we no longer get credit for the picking up any packages. I was just wondering if other centers are doing the same ?
Same is true here.... the good news? You still get paid the same for the pickup no matter how long it takes ;)

tracker2762

Although you can't use the unscheduled pickup anyone, they can send you a pickup from another driver that your helping and you will get credit. This may stop drivers from taking credit for a pick-up when their delivering to the same address.

some1else

Upstate you are accepting pieces from a customer then driving around with them for x amount of time - then recording them as picked up from somewhere you did not pick them up from?

Omega man

I can't recall the last time I used unscheduled--I just simply scan and add those pkgs to one of my dropboxes.

You don't have to do these things???? Why do you care so much how you look to UPS? Maybe if you stop falsifying, cutting corners and defying your contract you can be like the rest of us. Waaaaay overplan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate you are accepting pieces from a customer then driving around with them for x amount of time - then recording them as picked up from somewhere you did not pick them up from?

The packages that I am talking about are the ARS/RS that a customer will hand to me as I am making their delivery. I set these to the side and then add them to one of my pickups or to one of my dropboxes.

You don't have to do these things???? Why do you care so much how you look to UPS? Maybe if you stop falsifying, cutting corners and defying your contract you can be like the rest of us. Waaaaay overplan.

Wow--so many accusations that are simply not true. I would respond but it is early and I really don't care enough about you or what you have to say to respond.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

The packages that I am talking about are the ARS/RS that a customer will hand to me as I am making their delivery. I set these to the side and then add them to one of my pickups or to one of my dropboxes.

Wow--so many accusations that are simply not true. I would respond but it is early and I really don't care enough about you or what you have to say to respond.
Isn't that, a response?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, the first cup of coffee has kicked in so here goes. Defying my contract? I take my full lunch and break but I take them when it is convenient for me and for my customers, between my first and second set of pickups. Most of the drivers in my center take their meal breaks outside of the contractual times. I will see 6 or 7 package cars parked at the gas station as I am driving back to the center to punch out and go home. They will still be parked there when I drive by on my way home at 1830. Cutting corners? Not really sure what you are talking about here but I'll take a stab at it. If you are talking about calling certain COD customers so that they will have their checks ready so that I am not wasting time when I get there then, yes, I guess I do work smarter, I mean, cut corners. If you are talking about customers calling me so that they can get their pkgs earlier then, yes, I guess I do work smarter, I mean, cut corners. If you are talking about me indirecting a customers personal packages along with packages for their business then, yes, I guess I do work smarter, I mean, cut corners. If you are talking about me taking the most direct route from the package car to the front door, which means walking on the grass, then, yes, I guess I do work smarter, I mean, cut corners. Falsifying? Picking up an ARS/RS while making a delivery and then waiting until I get to my next pickup stop, scanning it and adding it to the total, is much more efficient than standing there and recording it as an unscheduled pickup for which there is a meager time allowance given.

Look, I don't know or care what your problem is, but this is starting to get old. I think I do a good job, I work hard and I take care of my customers. For example, just last night I was at one of my dropboxes and noticed a NDA envelope with an ASD. The customer had forgotten to put the destination address on there--it was blank. I called the phone number on the return address but got no answer so I tried to find her name in the phone book. She was listed, I called her, left a message. She called the center about 10 minutes later, gave us the address, and her NDA letter will be at the destination Monday morning. Would you have done all that or was I cutting corners? So I don't take my lunch between the 3rd and 5th or 4th and 6th or whenever the hell we are supposed to take it. What is the big deal when I take it as long as I take it? My cover drivers are free to take their breaks whenever they want--I could care less when they take them--but this works out better for me.

I think you need to move on. Dave.

tracker2762

Upstate, You should not set them aside. When you get a package from a customer put it in special counts and be done with it. Special counts can also be used to get credit for air and intl. packages that are not a daily or on call pickup. As for cutting corners, from your previous posts you don't seem like the kind of driver that does that so I wouldn't get to worked up about that.

over9five

Staff member
Upstate, You should not set them aside. When you get a package from a customer put it in special counts and be done with it. Special counts can also be used to get credit for air and intl. packages that are not a daily or on call pickup.

+1
That's what we are told to do. But remember, different rules for different franchises. Upstate is working as directed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate, You should not set them aside. When you get a package from a customer put it in special counts and be done with it. Special counts can also be used to get credit for air and intl. packages that are not a daily or on call pickup. As for cutting corners, from your previous posts you don't seem like the kind of driver that does that so I wouldn't get to worked up about that.

Thanks. As Over said I am simply working as directed. As for cutting corners, I am not too concerned about comments from that member.

Overpaid Union Thug

When a customer hands you a package you are supposed to go under special counts. NOT unscheduled pickup. If you are sent somewhere by management to make a pickup then you can go in as an unscheduled pickup. I don't see what the big deal is. We get paid by the hour so just do the job right.

QKRSTKR

upstate, u do weird things . ars/rs/sdg/asd's should be put in spec. counts. when cust. hands them to u. either on street or at del stop. scanning a dropbox barcode then the pkgs show them as being dropped in the box which is not the case. Using spec. counts u still get credit in pup's. However u want to look at it, you are not doing it right. Just ask I.E.