No noise from retirees about the New Contract and how it affects you

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I just activated my new retiree prescription card. Its Express Scripts but same Medco company I used to have, just plan conditions changed. The website explained a few details that were missing from the meager amount of literature I received through the main from UPS. It does have that 20% co-pay for all prescriptions but there is a yearly cap of $1000 which should soften the burden on those taking expensive maintenance drugs. Of bigger impact to me is there is a yearly $200 individual/$400 family deductible before the plan pays anything for prescriptions.
https://host1.medcohealth.com/medco...BV_EngineID=ccifadgdekdigjecfklcgffdghfdfjo.0

Yeah, sure sucks eh brother? My wife and I did a whole two months of dentistry and doctors just so we could procure a pharmacy. I figure we're good to the end of the year on major stuff so we can just start out the new year working on the deductible. No sense paying a deductible for 7 months worth of doctoring.

downtime8763

I have gotten a letter from UPS benefits center that a change occurred to the that will be withdrawn through automatic (direct deb) to pay for benefits.
previous withdrawal amount was $400.00
The amount to be withdrawn on July 01,2014 is $0.00 Future withdrawals are expected to be for $100.00 and will be withdrawn on the first of the month. Still Etna and the prescriptions have went from 0 to about $5 generic each for the wife.
I, along with a lot of others thought we retired under a guaranteed income backed by UPS if the union had financial issues. Now I fear that a lot of us under the last contract may have to get legal advice on this part,just hope the union holds them to this.

[quote="downtime8763, post: 1345034, member: 264214]I have gotten a letter from UPS benefits center that a change occurred to the that will be withdrawn through automatic (direct deb) to pay for benefits.
The amount to be withdrawn on July 01,2014 is $0.00 Future withdrawals are expected to be for $100.00 and will be withdrawn on the first of the month. Still Etna and the prescriptions have went from 0 to about $5 generic each for the wife.
I, along with a lot of others thought we retired under a guaranteed income backed by UPS if the union had financial issues. Now I fear that a lot of us under the last contract may have to get legal advice on this part,just hope the union holds them to this.[/quote]

You busted your butt,your entire career! And this Is what you get? Dont be pissed off at the compnay! Instead be mad at the junior employees(who didnt vote) and our weak union!.....

plain and simple,the retirees,got the shaft.....big time!

PT Car Washer

[quote="downtime8763, post: 1345034, member: 264214]I have gotten a letter from UPS benefits center that a change occurred to the that will be withdrawn through automatic (direct deb) to pay for benefits.
I, along with a lot of others thought we retired under a guaranteed income backed by UPS if the union had financial issues. Now I fear that a lot of us under the last contract may have to get legal advice on this part,just hope the union holds them to this.

You busted your butt,your entire career! And this Is what you get? Dont be pissed off at the compnay! Instead be mad at the junior employees(who didnt vote) and our weak union!.....

plain and simple,the retirees,got the shaft.....big time![/quote]
Do you mean the junior PT employees being paid minimum wage with no benefits? Funny how things come around and bite you.

The Milkman

plain and simple,the retirees,got the shaft.....big time![/quote]
4U,you are so right ALL Retirees got the Shaft, bend over here it comes! Oh by the way FUTURE RETIRES get the lube ready

oldupsman

I received a letter today also. I had been paying $50 a month. I was told it will increase to $150 for the month of July
and $100 a month for now. Additional increases will be coming in the future. It didn't say how much or when.
So much for, don't worry, everything will stay the same for retirees. Again, I'm not surprised that UPS and the IBT
lied right to my face.

Pismo Bill

Well I got my new benefits guide. Costs up across the board. Deductible now (none before), 20% copay on doctor visits (10% of approved rate before), 20% copay for drugs ($0 mail order or generic at local drugstore and $5.00 name brand) now everything 20%.......should add up to quite a few thousand dollars over the next 3 yrs for me as I approach 65. I guess retirees still on the UPS plan are neither upset or vocal( does not matter anyhow, our Brothers and Sisters voted yes) about getting the shaft after leaving with a good idea of benefits told they were to expect while in retirement. I am not being shoved into Teamcare, local 177 in Jersey Plan spared me that. We are the forgotten ones who have just witnessed hard earned benefits taken away, Time bonus gone, a lot of jobs red circled over the years......... Sad to say, the way I see it, When I started back in 81 our benefits pkg was second to none, but soon the benefits of this once great company may be no better than working at Home Depot or Mcdonald's. Just my 2 cents
just called a reporter at the la times to try to get them to carry this story how ups is screwing the retirees also contacting ny times and the wall street journal. i am e-mailing ups in atlanta and hoffa over and over again voicing our displeasure. please all of you do the same.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
just called a reporter at the la times to try to get them to carry this story how ups is screwing the retirees also contacting ny times and the wall street journal. i am e-mailing ups in atlanta and hoffa over and over again voicing our displeasure. please all of you do the same.
Our retiree insurance has been over 400 a month for years. We should be contacting the media.

Pismo Bill

I received a letter today also. I had been paying $50 a month. I was told it will increase to $150 for the month of July
and $100 a month for now. Additional increases will be coming in the future. It didn't say how much or when.
So much for, don't worry, everything will stay the same for retirees. Again, I'm not surprised that UPS and the IBT
lied right to my face.
in 2015 it will be $200 and in 2016,2017, and 2018 it will be $300 a month

Xexys

Retired and Happy

You've endeared yourself to everybody in this forum for so long that I've gotten to the point of expecting you to say stupid stuff ALL the time. Why don't you put your free time to good use by finding that woman that you so desperately want to find to spend the rest of your life with? Can't imagine why you haven't found her already.