No one want to drive in Detroit

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Detroitbad.jpg
We can do that here too.....http://www.redstate.com/2014/05/15/mayor-youngstown-oh-two-crooked-democrats-indicted-corruption/

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Michigan is "shall issue" for concealed handgun permits, so if I had a route in Detroit I would probably say to hell with obeying UPS rules and carry a gun anyway.

Unemployed is better than dead.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
If it were me id carry a gun that was registered. Somebody put my life in danger them mofos are getting blasted. You got to protect yourself by any means necessary, its my life or yours and im taking their life first. I think we could agree on that. I almost killed a guy in a fight one time when I got jumped and as bad as this sounds I could do it again if I feared my life was in danger again, no problem. If anybody has ever feared for their life in that type of situation then they will know exactly what im talking about.
Really? Look I'm all for protecting yourself, but for UPS? I'd happily give them instructions on how to use the key fob and send them on their merry way. I wouldn't want to start a turf war. I have a family to think about. Besides, I'd rather work at WalMart or stay part time rather than deliver in an area that has those kinds of issues.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I got robbed, I would have gladly showed them how to drive it. No guns involved that I saw, wasnt asking what credentials they had tho. 4 of you, one of me, have your way with it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Really? Look I'm all for protecting yourself, but for UPS? I'd happily give them instructions on how to use the key fob and send them on their merry way. I wouldn't want to start a turf war. I have a family to think about. Besides, I'd rather work at WalMart or stay part time rather than deliver in an area that has those kinds of issues.
If I had to blast somebody, that would be the last time I deliver in that area. And after that I would call my lawyer and go from there.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I lived in South Gate between Compton, Watts, and South Central LA from the 70's through the early 90's. We left just after the Rodney King riots. Yes, you have to have some confidence and not play the role when you're out in the trap, but starting a gun fight for UPS property is pretty stupid.

I lived in South Gate between Compton, Watts, and South Central LA from the 70's through the early 90's. We left just after the Rodney King riots. Yes, you have to have some confidence and not play the role when you're out in the trap, but starting a gun fight for UPS property is pretty stupid.
Take the package, but dont hurt me!..IDGAF about no packages,but If I delivered in Detroit....I would worry about my personal safety!

bigblu 2 you

I lived there 72-74. If you call it living, I was not allowed out of my house alone. I won tickets from cklw for Alice Cooper at Cobo Hall, , and I wasnt allowed to go. If it was that bad then, I cannot imagine now!
I grew up in the country, got moved to the city, and it was awful. I got to go through the "bad areas" one time, just so I could see, and I was like speechless.
i lived there 65-78,moved to ky in 79. i won tickets an album and a belt buckle for gladys knight and the pips,from cklw<i think they were located in windsor canada>.gave the tickets away.did see kiss in 77 at cobo.my childhood memories were pretty good of life in detroit. we lived off fort street near the fischer body plant and i remember riding bikes all over.we moved towards ann arbor during the riots though and my father had to have a pass to travel to work thru the city at night.hate to see what has happened now but unless things turn around more cities than the big d may see decline.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I lived off telegraph rd, and in Inkster. I have no memories except the big uniroyal tire, and walled lake, and new boston fishing.