No one want to drive in Detroit

McGee

I lived off telegraph rd, and in Inkster. I have no memories except the big uniroyal tire, and walled lake, and new boston fishing.

Wow! the white castle is still there on telegraph and 96, but that big ford parts depot in Redford is gone...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My husband went up there a few months back. He said he saw the tire. He went to the monster energy AMA thing.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
i-warned-you-soldier-boy.gif

Zowert

Yea for sure but Detroit is like a town in a third world country.
Yeah Detroit is rough, arguably the toughest city to live in. There are parts of Baltimore, DC and of course Chicago that are basically war zones with the amount of gun violence going on. Chicago earned the nickname ChIraq because, on average, more people were getting killed there by firearms than US troops were getting KIA in Iraq during the insurgency phase. I remember staying about a mile or two away from the Chicago Midway airport one night during a layover on my trip back home from NYC. From the dumpy hotel that American Airlines put us in I heard several gunshots over the course of the night. Two single shots rang out randomly a few hours apart then at around 1am we heard seven to ten shots fired in quick succession. Likely a drive by shooting. It was wild. I remember when we told the cab driver where to take us he said, “Uh oh.. You really shouldn’t stay there.” Free hotel though, “Yeah. There is a reason why it’s free.”

Last edited:

Zowert

There was a driver in Houston recently who was robbed at gunpoint, and his package car was stolen. I think he tried to fight them off.
I really hope he didn’t try to fight them off. If someone robs me at gun point I’m handing them my key fob and telling them to have a wonderful day. I’d even show them how to start the truck and pop the bulkhead door. All yours buddy! If someone is crazy enough to pull a gun on you, it’s best to assume they’re a psychopath that would have no problem pulling the trigger.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I really hope he didn’t try to fight them off. If someone robs me at gun point I’m handing them my key fob and telling them to have a wonderful day. I’d even show them how to start the truck and pop the bulkhead door. All yours buddy! If someone is crazy enough to pull a gun on you, it’s best to assume they’re a psychopath that would have no problem pulling the trigger.
He’s doing you a favor, why fight?

RUDoneYet

@Zowert Will you have to also offer to teach them how to drive a stick? Just kidding, hope all our drivers remain safe in tough times.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah Detroit is rough, arguably the toughest city to live in. There are parts of Baltimore, DC and of course Chicago that are basically war zones with the amount of gun violence going on. Chicago earned the nickname ChIraq because, on average, more people were getting killed there by firearms than US troops were getting KIA in Iraq during the insurgency phase. I remember staying about a mile or two away from the Chicago Midway airport one night during a layover on my trip back home from NYC. From the dumpy hotel that American Airlines put us in I heard several gunshots over the course of the night. Two single shots rang out randomly a few hours apart then at around 1am we heard seven to ten shots fired in quick succession. Likely a drive by shooting. It was wild. I remember when we told the cab driver where to take us he said, “Uh oh.. You really shouldn’t stay there.” Free hotel though, “Yeah. There is a reason why it’s free.”
Don’t leave out Kensington up in Philly