No OT for PTRSers (supes)

LKLND3380

This happens at my center very often and is the topic of constant debate, I feel the higher senority employee should be entitled to the day off due to just longevity alone.

Yes but sometimes you have houries who are EXTRA... They have NO ASSIGNED work area, they fill in for people who call in...

Since they have no assigned work area they have the option to go right at start time or stay on and get their 3 1/2 hours doing porter work, or what ever else they can find...

tieguy

Banned
The new hire was assigned those cars and that is his work...

You can not send one or all four with seniority over to help wrap up those cars UNLESS the new hire asked for help. that is the same as taking work away...

For the most part I agree with what you have said. this part I definitely disagree with. That newhire cleaning up his mess can not refuse help. I have already exhausted the seniority process and those folks can now help him clean up.

if your point is correct then the new hire could refuse help and keep loading the car all day while the drivers stands there and wait on him?

LKLND3380

For the most part I agree with what you have said. this part I definitely disagree with. That newhire cleaning up his mess can not refuse help. I have already exhausted the seniority process and those folks can now help him clean up.

if your point is correct then the new hire could refuse help and keep loading the car all day while the drivers stands there and wait on him?

Honest days work for an honest days pay... Is this individual doing an honest days work?

If the new hire is goofing around and taking all day to load a package car... That could be considered an unauthorized strike action, slowdown or work stoppage in violation of the Master Agreement. Then a Union Steward would need to be called over to witness...

Section 4. Work Assignments
The Employer agrees to respect the jurisdictional rules of the Union and, except as otherwise provided in this Master Agreement, Supplements, Riders, or Addenda, shall not direct or require their employees or persons, other than employees in the bargaining units here involved, to perform work which is recognized as the work of the employees in said units. This is not to interfere with bona fide agreements with bona fide unions.

brown_OMS_2008

OMS/PCS..which 1?
I work over 5.5 sometimes but most days I get out after only 4 hrs. So me working 1 day of over 5.5 evens itself out for me getting out early. I could do my job 3.5, but I have to wait until the last driver punches out. Other than, that I would be getting 2 hrs free each day. We also get the holiday bonus check so it all evens out, even though it may not feel like it at the time.