No package driving positions?

SFBayUPSer

Do you guys think it would be out of line to ask to speak to someone else in HR? Or this gentlemans supervisor, just for a second opinion?

drewed

Shankman
This is the busy time of year for HR, the US network of UPS will hire over 10,000 people in a little over a month. It slows down the system, id say see through to this week and see what comes out of it.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
They could be holding out to make you seasonal help. Like a driver helper or something. I think that if the HR guy didn't want to hire you, he would have said something along the lines of "I'll give you a call" But with him telling you to call back later, it can't be all that bad.

SFBayUPSer

So I decided I would go down in person.

I told the HR person, Gerald, that it sounded on the phone like he wans't sure I wanted the position, and that I wanted to come down and show that I was.

Well, he stuck to the computer issue story, and offered to take me inside and show me exactly what the issue was.

Once again, I supplied my social and he brought up my file. To OUR surprise he was able to process me! I signed my forms and was given next Sunday as a start date!

EXCITED!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! Thanks everyone.

browndevil

So I decided I would go down in person.

I told the HR person, Gerald, that it sounded on the phone like he wans't sure I wanted the position, and that I wanted to come down and show that I was.

Well, he stuck to the computer issue story, and offered to take me inside and show me exactly what the issue was.

Once again, I supplied my social and he brought up my file. To OUR surprise he was able to process me! I signed my forms and was given next Sunday as a start date!

EXCITED!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! Thanks everyone.
Well done Michael, way to be proactive regarding your job. Let us know how things go Sunday. Try going into the chat room Sunday night for an update