No Pay -> No SFA

So are you Going to take the SFA or Not?

• YES

• NO

• I'm a Exempt employee and just want to see the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MAKAVELI

I advocate discrimination against people who can't properly do the job. Age is no protection for declining job performance.

Gosh, I love the legal arguments made here. They are so... informed! LOL!
http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/age.cfm
Age Discrimination & Employment Policies/Practices
An employment policy or practice that applies to everyone, regardless of age, can be illegal if it has a negative impact on applicants or employees age 40 or older and is not based on a reasonable factor other than age (RFOA).

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/age.cfm
Age Discrimination & Employment Policies/Practices
An employment policy or practice that applies to everyone, regardless of age, can be illegal if it has a negative impact on applicants or employees age 40 or older and is not based on a reasonable factor other than age (RFOA).

Yeah, can be illegal. Can, such as when you impose a rule on "everyone" in a surreptitious attempt to weed out older employees. There's a big difference between that and a courier who just can't do the job anymore.

MAKAVELI

Yeah, can be illegal. Can, such as when you impose a rule on "everyone" in a surreptitious attempt to weed out older employees. There's a big difference between that and a courier who just can't do the job anymore.
If FedEx can fire an older worker for " performance issues ", then why don't they?

MAKAVELI

No, it's perfectly legal to fire an employee for poor performance. That question should have been covered when you took the bar exam, counsel.
Like I said before, professor Richard, if it was legal they would be firing topped out drivers left and right. Your attitude towards older topped out drivers is common among the management I've had the pleasure of working with. But when it comes down to it the threat of losing a lawsuit and unemployment case usually gets them to back off. Any discipline for performance issues in regards to stops per hour is essentially meaningless in court. But tools like you try to use it as a means of pressure and fear.

vantexan

I advocate discrimination against people who can't properly do the job. Age is no protection for declining job performance.

Gosh, I love the legal arguments made here. They are so... informed! LOL!
More likely when it seems the lower paid employees get higher numbers that the fix is in. FedEx wants to put pressure on the higher paid employees but doesn't want to discourage the newbies. It's the exact opposite of what used to happen. Used to be when raises were based on review score topped out employees, who didn't get a raise, got very high scores, even a 7, but newer people got a 5.8 or some such and told that was a good score. Now tell me how it is that topped out people used to get 6.9's or 7's but now can't hit 100%? And people with lower review scores are so much better than topped out folks now? Please don't give me they honed their skills over time, etc. The system is and always has been rigged. In every station you have outstanding performers and slackers, but most are solid workers. But their productivity numbers don't often reflect that do they? And you really can't say it's age or declining performance because most topped out people have worked their way into easier routes so things even out. They don't have to run windsprints, know their routes inside and out, and most 53 year olds are plenty capable enough physically. Just like everything else that comes out of Memphis it's all rigged B.S. designed to put pressure on people.

Serf

I think I already knew the answer, but I asked my manager anyway. What happens if you get a poor review on your SFA? Are their disciplinary actions, termination, demotion, or loss of pay? He said: "Well, no. Not exactly. But if you get a bad score, like let us say in the 60's or 70's your next year is basically going to be miserable. Because you are stuck with lot's of crappy odd jobs and presentations to higher ups and what you are going to do to improve it." In reply, I said: "similar to our own self audit's we perform from time to time and always fail, and still nothing happens?" He half laughing shook his head in agreement.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Soooo, this morning we had our SFA meeting. I don't know what's up, but they're really pushing us to rate our managers and the company high. I've never seen them push this hard. My SM was in the meeting also doing his cheer for the company. When he kept getting negative push back he said, There's death and destruction all around us. We have to remain positive!

I literally laughed out loud at that. Still laughing. So because there is death and destruction around us, we are supposed to be positive about getting screwed on pay and benefits? SMH.

pkg4me

Ours always goes over the favoritism one. We don't buy it and rate him low because he covers for one certain courier. We can't figure out why. No Call-No Show-No Problem

fedex_rtd

Almost half of the March Upclose video was on this subject. Don't blame your manager for poor pay, Don't blame your manager for not having tools and equipment. etc....just don't blame your manager for anything, as they have no control over anything and are only purple drones!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah, yeah. And on the 7th day, you rested. Heard it before.

I hate it when old timers try to justify their non-performance. It's almost like stealing.
Fred and MT3 steal your lips when you kiss their butts on a regular basis. How much does that pay?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Almost half of the March Upclose video was on this subject. Don't blame your manager for poor pay, Don't blame your manager for not having tools and equipment. etc....just don't blame your manager for anything, as they have no control over anything and are only purple drones!
They're all Memphis made puppets, that's for sure.