No Pay -> No SFA

So are you Going to take the SFA or Not?

• YES

• NO

• I'm a Exempt employee and just want to see the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fedex_rtd

The reason the company wants to see high scores, is so they can turn around and tell the world, that FedEx is a GREAT place to work for.

We have had a string of poor PR incidents over the past few years...why do you think Dano showed back up???

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The reason the company wants to see high scores, is so they can turn around and tell the world, that FedEx is a GREAT place to work for.

We have had a string of poor PR incidents over the past few years...why do you think Dano showed back up???

Bingo. Shill on cue, ready for action.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It depends on who you ask. I say the answer is "Because topped out employees are often overpaid relative to their production." If I had my way, your production would be a major factor in the calculation of your raise. There's no excuse for underperforming topped out couriers who make almost as much in an hour as a performing, newer courier makes in OT.

I advocate discrimination against people who can't properly do the job. Age is no protection for declining job performance.

Gosh, I love the legal arguments made here. They are so... informed! LOL!

These kind of statements are exactly what we should expect from an official mercenary company tool. They are also why I eventually expect a major class action against FedEx for age discrimination, based upon the propensity of this fine company to eliminate older workers whenever possible, usually through workplace injury and our termination-friendly, Genghis-Khan inspired injury policies.

The 90-day scam makes it way too easy to eliminate an employee who has a work-related repetitive stress type injury, thereby saving The Weasel money because he can replace the old, worn-out (and topped-out) employee with a fresh, severely underpaid 20-something who doesn't worry about retirement because all they care about is getting drunk and laid. Crap insurance? Who cares? "I'm 26 and will never get sick or injured and will live forever!". By the way, most companies allow 180 days before any action is taken to replace an employee. I know so many people who have come back from surgeries still hurting, popping pills just to get through the day, because 90 days wasn't enough to recuperate. Too bad, says Fred...if you're not back, you're out. How many of you have had to use your vacation to supplement the 90 days? I'm betting a lot of you have had to do this.

The legal arguments made here obviously scare FedEx. or you wouldn't have been dispatched to try and derail the topic or obfuscate the matter so people are confused about what they should do if they get the Purple Promise between the cheeks from Fred.

Some of our best couriers are the older ones. Experience and efficiency almost always trump sheer speed and youth, except in pure athletic pursuits. Topped-out couriers are still underpaid, even if they don't produce up to Fred's expectations. A DOA Retirement "plan", years of puny raises, and ridiculously poor and expensive "benefits" all add-up to extra millions in the bank for Fred and Matt, and relative poverty for employees.

You should be ashamed of yourself for selling your soul to The Weasel. Both of you deserve our scorn and wrath.

DontThrowPackages

Well, what's the answer?
I follow DRA. Why? Because I don't work as hard doing it the DRA way. If I knew I could become a topped out employee, I'd run the route my way and kill it. I feel they don't want anymore topped out drivers but in return they were nice enough to give us DRA. And if your station turned DRA off, tell Memphis. And ask them why there's selective enforcement of the DRA. Some of you fight against DRA but it truly is your friend. Just follow, throw logic out the window and watch the rise in OT.

DontThrowPackages

Why haven't they fired you yet? You're a lousy shill.
Van, this is how the upper level are....Elitists. Because our daddies weren't born to old southern money, we are peasants to them. The same way they look at minorities, they feel that way about the working class. You will never change the mind of this kind of person. Frat house jerks is what they are. So just go to work and do just enough because I don't think they deserve anymore than that.

JoeVser

It depends on who you ask. I say the answer is "Because topped out employees are often overpaid relative to their production." If I had my way, your production would be a major factor in the calculation of your raise. There's no excuse for underperforming topped out couriers who make almost as much in an hour as a performing, newer courier makes in OT.
I'm topped out and I run over 100% daily. I take it seriously and feel for those that are light years before topping out.

DontThrowPackages

He never left. He's always monitoring this forum.

5yearsleft

at our last "how we want you to score your SFA" meeting, my senior manager actually asked a 10 year employee "how long does it take to top out?" She was told it's mathematically impossible. I gave her a spread sheet 5 years ago that showed it would take me 40 years to hit top of scale, but that can't happen either. My 2% is always lower than my co-workers 2%, or 3% or 4%.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
at our last "how we want you to score your SFA" meeting, my senior manager actually asked a 10 year employee "how long does it take to top out?" She was told it's mathematically impossible. I gave her a spread sheet 5 years ago that showed it would take me 40 years to hit top of scale, but that can't happen either. My 2% is always lower than my co-workers 2%, or 3% or 4%.

Did you get the dumb look?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

But, but, they're working on it.

whenIgetthere

At our meeting a earlier this month, when that came up, I mentioned the 2%, 3%, 4% from this years raises. One of the 30 year kool aid drinkers actually said this to us and I quote "You have to understand, we work 50% harder than you do, so we deserve more". He has one of the easiest routes I've ever seen, he went out on disability about a week ago (we'll see how he feels when he's not back before 90 days). The swings running his route, and these two can't find their way out of the station some days, are running his route in the 130 to 150% area. My favorite part was when he'd try to drop stops after that, the others in his loop told him to screw!

MassWineGuy

Get lost old timers. Give some new folks your hours. And quit your belly aching.

There is no push at our station for us to participate in the survey. It's only been mentioned that it's coming up. Seems like there are some good reasons not to take part.

l22

Get lost old timers. Give some new folks your hours. And quit your belly aching.

There is no push at our station for us to participate in the survey. It's only been mentioned that it's coming up. Seems like there are some good reasons not to take part.

By and large, long-time couriers are good people (not talking about the kool-aid drinkers and there's a lot more young ones than there are old imo). If a new or old courier is supposedly not meeting his on-road goals, so what? They just need to be adjusted then. We are given conflicting messages on a constant basis. But we must not forget safety first - following the proper methods, no speeding, locking the truck, turning the truck off, NO RUNNING, etc. If there are lates, there is something wrong with the engineering behind the route/the sph the courier is expected to meet. And if there are still lates, .... lates happen sometimes - no 2 days are the same. If you are going 5mph above the speed limit, you are going too fast. Please slow down. Let's all remember safety first. If a fellow courier tells you, "you're slow." Just say, "Yeah, I am." If management questions your on-road "performance," tell them to come on the road with you.

l22

With my previous post, I also realize what was written has little to do with the original thread lol. Just saying though - it seems like some couriers are ostracized for going the speed limit and not running. If you feel like this is happening to you, I'd say slow down a little bit just to make sure you're not letting anyone's attempts to pressure you go through to your head.

It will be fine

With my previous post, I also realize what was written has little to do with the original thread lol. Just saying though - it seems like some couriers are ostracized for going the speed limit and not running. If you feel like this is happening to you, I'd say slow down a little bit just to make sure you're not letting anyone's attempts to pressure you go through to your head.
I can't recall ever seeing an express guy run. They are typically painfully slow. I've seen a few that I would say are working at a good pace, but never running.

overflowed

What does a supposed ground contractor care if an Express person is running or walking? Has nothing to do with anything. You need to learn how to post like some of your peeps here.