No paycheck, & deleted from system?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So I've been working at the Reno/sparks hub, sorting for almost 2 years now.. No problems as of yet, sups are dicks but I guess that's common knowledge everywhere. For all last week I wasn't able to clock in (computer said invalid data) told my sup I wasn't able to clock in, she said I'll look into it. Meanwhile, throughout the whole week my name wasn't coming up on the SOR sheet and my hours weren't being validated I guess. Come Friday, I get no paycheck. I have direct deposit set up and Friday at 12:01 is when the huge part time check rolls in.
Nothing at all.

I call payroll the next morning (Friday morning) and tell her what's going on. She says my hours for the previous week are all there but nobody issued me a check, said she would "next day ship" me a green check to arrive on Saturday , said alright, because I don't give a :censored2: what she has to do but just get me money asap. Come Saturday, no check.

Oh and Friday, I tell the full timer all of the above and he said he had to add me in the system like a new hire for this whole week because I wasn't in it. And he also threw in "and you probably won't get a paycheck this next Friday either because I barely put you in the system"

I talked to a steward on Friday, told him if I don't get a paycheck on Saturday that they said I would get, it's starting the grievance and penalty process..

I love the union and all the benefits but man.. I just want my money. Has any of this ever happened to anybody?

Sorry for the essay, just frustrating working for no pay basically.

You need to file a grievance, and talk to your Union Steward and/or Business Agent.

Talking to the company people.... will needlessly drag this out.

This is the language, to file on.

ARTICLE 17. PAID FOR TIME

"All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in service of the Employer."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Add that, to any corresponding supplemental language.

First of all, not all supervisors are dicks.

Really ?

Name one.

Not all supervisors are dicks but most are.

It's a harsh assessment;

But, UPS has "run out" of the good ones.

Look at the people, close to retirement.

They are scared to death.

So much.... for being a "UPS Partner ". :biggrin:

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You need to file a grievance, and talk to your Union Steward and/or Business Agent.

"All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in service of the Employer."

Really ?

Name one.

It's a harsh assessment;

But, UPS has "run out" most of the good ones.

-Bug-

In my building? I would say 3/4 of the FT sups are not dicks.

Box Ox

throughout the whole week my name wasn't coming up on the SOR sheet and my hours weren't being validated I guess.

0c7bd98fe5960789bb167a46618ceb252e0e60adf8379e66c68eb6b3f8aef497.jpg

jose93209

Really ?

Name one.

It's a harsh assessment;

But, UPS has "run out" of the good ones.

-Bug-

Thank you, I'm going to continue with grievance process and penalty pay that came with this paycheck problem and see if I can add the "we might of deleted you from the system and you probably won't get a check next week either" to this whole thing. I'll keep this post updates on Monday after I talk to the steward.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So I've been working at the Reno/sparks hub, sorting for almost 2 years now.. No problems as of yet, sups are dicks but I guess that's common knowledge everywhere. For all last week I wasn't able to clock in (computer said invalid data) told my sup I wasn't able to clock in, she said I'll look into it. Meanwhile, throughout the whole week my name wasn't coming up on the SOR sheet and my hours weren't being validated I guess. Come Friday, I get no paycheck. I have direct deposit set up and Friday at 12:01 is when the huge part time check rolls in.
Nothing at all.

I call payroll the next morning (Friday morning) and tell her what's going on. She says my hours for the previous week are all there but nobody issued me a check, said she would "next day ship" me a green check to arrive on Saturday , said alright, because I don't give a :censored2: what she has to do but just get me money asap. Come Saturday, no check.

Oh and Friday, I tell the full timer all of the above and he said he had to add me in the system like a new hire for this whole week because I wasn't in it. And he also threw in "and you probably won't get a paycheck this next Friday either because I barely put you in the system"

I talked to a steward on Friday, told him if I don't get a paycheck on Saturday that they said I would get, it's starting the grievance and penalty process..

I love the union and all the benefits but man.. I just want my money. Has any of this ever happened to anybody?

Sorry for the essay, just frustrating working for no pay basically.
you did the right thing speaking to a steward. tell them you are not waiting and you want a green check. i had the same problem at the same hub. it's their mistake so tell them you are filing if you don't get a green check for penalty. then tell them as soon as you receive the check you will withdraw the grievance.

that works.

Re-Raise

Seems pretty ridiculous that they didn't think to fix the problem the first day you weren't able to clock in.

Ridiculous, but not surprising.

I was on comp for two months and when I came back I couldn't get fuel with the fleet card because my employee id had been taken out of the system. It took me telling them every day for about two weeks before they fixed that.

Enjoy the penalty pay.

km3

I hope you get your money...especially for those hours that the timeclock wouldn't register. Working hours and then being unable to prove that I worked them...that's one of my nightmares in this place.

Reminds me of this clip. UPS doesn't roll this way though. They make it as confrontational as possible. Just cuz.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Seems pretty ridiculous that they didn't think to fix the problem the first day you weren't able to clock in.

Ridiculous, but not surprising.

I was on comp for two months and when I came back I couldn't get fuel with the fleet card because my employee id had been taken out of the system. It took me telling them every day for about two weeks before they fixed that.

Enjoy the penalty pay.
Just as you say .......ridiculous , but not surprising. they wouldn't pay me the extra 35 cents an hour for a Tuesday-Saturday bid run at first until I filed . I wanted a green check but they said it would be on the next check. I told them I was filing anyway and as soon as I got that check I would withdraw the grievance. Made out the grievance paperwork after I punched out and handed a copy to the on-road manager.

Next day at punch in the green check was there waiting for me.

It's the only thing they understand.

Just as you say .......ridiculous , but not surprising. they wouldn't pay me the extra 35 cents an hour for a Tuesday-Saturday bid run at first until I filed . I wanted a green check but they said it would be on the next check. I told them I was filing anyway and as soon as I got that check I would withdraw the grievance. Made out the grievance paperwork after I punched out and handed a copy to the on-road manager.

You got a green check for that little bit of money?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
you did the right thing speaking to a steward. tell them you are not waiting and you want a green check. i had the same problem at the same hub. it's their mistake so tell them you are filing if you don't get a green check for penalty. then tell them as soon as you receive the check you will withdraw the grievance.

that works.
So you worked out of Reno, and San Francisco, Portland, and the whole west coast????

My understanding is feeder drivers are assigned to one home hub.

So which story is it now?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I hope you get your money...especially for those hours that the timeclock wouldn't register. Working hours and then being unable to prove that I worked them...that's one of my nightmares in this place.

Reminds me of this clip. UPS doesn't roll this way though. They make it as confrontational as possible. Just cuz.

Love that movie! I knew you were talking about that in your first post when you simply said 'we fixed the glitch' lol.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Except it has to be over a certain dollar amount that they can be forced a green check. 35 cents at even 60 hours in one week is about 21 dollars. You had a green check issued for that ???
I thought it had to be a discrepancy of $50 or more unless that changed in the contract?

Once again you make up stories to relate to every thread on here. You need to get better at lying.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
When the Dept of Labor, Wage and Hourly Division, calls the Labor Relations Manager things tend to move quickly.

I encourage the OP to file the grievance but also call, click or visit the Dept of Labor.
wouldn't that be better as a last ditch plan in extreme circumstances ? it is a sure way of getting a target on your back.

km3

Love that movie! I knew you were talking about that in your first post when you simply said 'we fixed the glitch' lol.

That wasn't me, but yes. I figured if there was ever a time to post that video, it's here. Great movie.

This is how I feel about UPS...But I have some outstanding health issues that need to be addressed while I have the insurance. And I'm gonna use the tuition reimbursement. But in 2.5 years, "I'm not gonna go anymore."

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I put a bobbly head of Peter on my dash the last couple years I worked. helped put a smile on my face before walking in. kept me sane.

SquirrelBoggie

BS, BS, BS, BS.

First of all, not all supervisors are dicks.

Secondly, you are paid this Friday for the work that you did last week, so your claim that you did not receive a check this Friday because you were unable to punch in/out all week is untrue.

Third, hourlies cannot call payroll directly.

Fourth, payroll corrections cannot be processed on Friday night and a check be at your door Saturday morning.

Fifth, I think that you have quite the future as a fiction writer.
You're wrong on the "Fourth" rule, They can issue you a check and deliver it by Saturday next day air cause it happened to me and few guys on the shift i work