No paycheck, & deleted from system?

hyena

I was told from Day One that hourlies were strictly forbidden from calling payroll directly.
BS, BS, BS, BS.

First of all, not all supervisors are dicks.

Secondly, you are paid this Friday for the work that you did last week, so your claim that you did not receive a check this Friday because you were unable to punch in/out all week is untrue.

Third, hourlies cannot call payroll directly.

Fourth, payroll corrections cannot be processed on Friday night and a check be at your door Saturday morning.

Fifth, I think that you have quite the future as a fiction writer.

The lady responsible for your payroll does not necessarily work in payroll.
Wow ! Will you please just stfu! You don't know everything!

jose93209

I'm updating this now since I couldn't last night. I talked to the steward about not getting a paycheck Saturday or Monday, and how my full time said I probably won't get a check the upcoming Friday and he was PISSED to say the least. Gave me the grievance form and went upstairs to talk to somebody that could do something about this.

Turned out that I was listed as inactive in their system, so that explains why I couldn't clock in the past week. He fixed that and my hours for the previous week so I would get paid this upcoming Friday.

The big issue and the grievance, was not getting paid the previous Friday for working the week prior to that. He said the payroll lady, Tanya, put the request for a green check for Saturday morning but whoever issues the paycheck could not verify my hours (probably because I was inactive in their system) so no green check was delivered obviously. They put in a 2nd request Monday afternoon (after I had talked to a part time sup about not getting a green check) at 3:50pm, 10 minutes before start time yesterday. So I should've got the check today, Tuesday, but I won't since the request was put in so late.

Full time supervisor that was explaining all of this said, "you can't out in a grievance until it's after 2 days", basically saying, I just fixed it today so today doesn't count.. Steward told him I was promised a check Saturday and of course Friday and nothing was done so we can file a grievance. Full time said, it was out of our hands since whoever issues the check couldn't verify the hours.

Point is, steward said I wasn't treated as a priority. And being paid for working should a high ass priority. Plus, it's in our union contract to be paid for our work, of course. So I'm filing the grievance since Friday, the first day I should of got paid, and getting penalty pay stacked on it as well.