No Problems Shipping Bees

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by outamyway, Apr 9, 2008.

1. outamyway

outamyway New Member

I've seen the crickets, but I've never seen bees.....

How'd you like to have that bust open:surprised:

On a completely unrelated note:

Airport workers, MAKE SURE YOU LOAD THE CANS THE RIGHT WAY!!

2. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Why not, they dont bother you if you dont throw them off the belt :wink2:

d

3. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

Those bee's would definetly be my 1st stop.Would make customer come and get them.

4. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

I always get boxes of Queen Bees on Irregs

5. UPSycho

UPSycho New Member

I get them every summer here in Texas. Had no problems yet except the guy lives in BFE

6. BrownSuit

BrownSuit Active Member

Yes, however if something happens in route and the bee dies, it's not insurable. The customer is "supposed" to understand this up front.

7. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

Wow you have some nice fans there. Here in New England, we are lucky to get an open door.

8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I deliver bees to a couple of guys. No special handling, just deliver them on trace. Cool packages.

TB

9. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Why are the people standing around with their hands in their pockets?

10. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

I deliver in Texas also, but the bees don't come in boxes.
    They just fly into the truck when ever they want to.

11. outamyway

outamyway New Member

That's the air dock where we get all of our EAM's. Someone at the airport loaded the can in the trailer backwards and everyone was trying to figure out what to do.

I....took a picture:happy-very:

That had nothing to do with the bees.

12. rod

rod retired and happy

Leave them setting in a feeder over the weekend-- that will take care of them:wink2:

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We have a different but equally weird situation here. We pickup and deliver canisters of bull semen. Don't ask me how they collect it.

14. IWorkAsDirected

IWorkAsDirected Outa browns on 04/30/09

I see those, uuhhh notice the shape of the container?

15. Ms Spoken

Ms Spoken New Member

My question everytime is "Do you think they washed their hands before getting the canister ready to ship?"

16. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

i always wandered if they were sterile.
    i have a farm on my route that gets those cannisters sometimes, had a late air for her one day so i called and she met me on route. said that the "contents" of the mushroom was worth about 10k and she had a heffer "waiting" on it. you cant make this stuff up sometimes..

17. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

I'm glad to hear that other drivers have heifers too. At least mushroomed shape containers are almost indestructable and not a source of claims. The other heifers in town usually are waiting for their VSC because the bulls will be over that evening. I guess big woman need lovin' too.

18. aNON

aNON Guest

what if you're allergic to bees?

19. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

I had Bull Semen break open on my one day and it was on my hands. I smelled it and thought it was glue and wiped it on my pants. Then the Haz Mat kid told me what it was.

20. Average at Best

Average at Best New Member

Yeah, we had some break open on the irreg belt once. Got jammed up and both the outer and inner cannisters came open. Had, uh, what looked like glue all over the belt and on some boxes of classy modular furniture from Pottery Barn. I'd love to let the suburbian housewife know exactly what is crusted on her china hutch's box.