No Raise this Year?

Serf

5 $ a month for full medical and 8$ a month for full dental. If you are single w/ no dependents. From what I hear Express dental plan is ok. But our medical is basically catastrophic care so you don't lose your house, etc.

Yomama11

11 year employee. Went from a B market level to the new base and got a 61¢ raise! I'm already making plans for what I'm going to do with all the extra money in my paycheck.
Market level is a scam..individuals didn't see their pay go to a higher market...in the long run you are able to earn more over time which defeats the purpose...I've worked 11 years as a driver for fedex ...I started in an A market...I transferred to a B market and lost $1.27 an hour in 2014...now they say the market level of B is the same as A...that's a lie..the scale is but not your pay...I got a whopping 74 cents which doesn't even cover the $1.27hr I lost 2 years ago...even if i transfer back to my old station I wouldn't get back that 1.27hr because it based on steps now and since the markets are the same I would move based on. Whatever step I'm in..which is #2...what a joke. What a pile of crap..thanks Fred

McFeely

Huge Member
Our Senior told our station the other day that most were getting around 7-9% raises based on where they fell in this step progression. We probably have new hires at a starting wage less than the step 1 on the chart that got their 3% raise then automatically bumped up to step 2.

I got 3.6% this year and am now on step 2...same as probably anybody in my station who were hired in the last 12 months. Good for them, but a slap in my face.

Yomama11

Our Senior told our station the other day that most were getting around 7-9% raises based on where they fell in this step progression. We probably have new hires at a starting wage less than the step 1 on the chart that got their 3% raise then automatically bumped up to step 2.

I got 3.6% this year and am now on step 2...same as probably anybody in my station who were hired in the last 12 months. Good for them, but a slap in my face.
I can only dream to get 7-9% instead I got 4%...and being a swing I no longer get an additional. 30 cents an hour.

Yomama11

either way, the way they calculate the new raises is jacked up. you move starting pay in market level B up by 8%, but fail to give that 8% to everyone else. you give them 3% thus making the gap between new hire and midrange that much closer....again. I thought they said they were trying to address that issue before. how is it that 2-12 year employees will all be making pretty much the same money? someone here with 12 years will be making 17.50 just like someone wth 2 years under their belt.
What's better is now that market B and Market A are under the same pay chart The 2 year employee who works in A market is is step 3 and the 10 year employee in market level B is in step 2.If the employee want to move between these markets they get to stay in the same exact step. Basically the 2 year employee could move to a B station and stay in step 3 because these 2 market levels are under the same payscale. Thus the 2 year employee is working side by side with the 10 year employee yet he's a whole step hire than him. interesting but 100 percent correct.2 year swing driver in A market $19.45 and 10 year employee market level B $18.60. any transfers between these markets and remaining a swing would result in each employee staying at their current pay rate.