No Raise this Year?

abused.crr

So does anybody have the pay steps for the different positions? Handler, courier, swing, rtd, and so on? It's a big secret at our station. What a freaking kick in the teeth; we're not even allowed to know what our future steps are. I can't even get a manager to tell me what my starting rtd pay will be or what their top out is. Funny stuff.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So does anybody have the pay steps for the different positions? Handler, courier, swing, rtd, and so on? It's a big secret at our station. What a freaking kick in the teeth; we're not even allowed to know what our future steps are. I can't even get a manager to tell me what my starting rtd pay will be or what their top out is. Funny stuff.
Even if a manager DID tell you, more than likely they'd be lying.

SmithBarney

Abused it all depends on what Market level you are in, lots of areas have changed or combined(A&B now the same market level don't know what they call it now)
So look around on this site you'll find at least the charts for Couriers at A&B, and i've seen the chart for Swing/RTD at A&B around here somewhere.

As for the other market levels or what other jobs were collapsed into each other have no idea...

It will be fine

I'd wager it doesn't matter much what a chart says right now. As the years go by the steps will likely change. Don't count on any raises until they show up on your pay stub.

abused.crr

I was in E and I believe it's Base+5% or whatever. I just find it sad and hilarious that a manager can't tell you what your top of range pay is. I got an offer letter for an rtd position (beginning of my exit strategy) and I took the offer letter to the hiring manager and asked her what the top of range was. She looked at me with the deer in the headlight eyes and said... I have no idea, but does it matter.

Lol. Nope. Just train me for my cdl license please.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was in E and I believe it's Base+5% or whatever. I just find it sad and hilarious that a manager can't tell you what your top of range pay is. I got an offer letter for an rtd position (beginning of my exit strategy) and I took the offer letter to the hiring manager and asked her what the top of range was. She looked at me with the deer in the headlight eyes and said... I have no idea, but does it matter.

Get the CDL-A, and have about a year of experience before you leave. Nobody wants drivers without experience, except FedEx Ground.

overflowed

This is smart. I didn't do it. I have friends that did not have to pay fedex back for the training. They use to make you sign something. Not sure if they do anymore. Good luck.

abused.crr

All I signed was an offer letter. 6 months in position and 18 months at ramp. That makes me bang my head against the wall in laughter. I signed a 24 month offer letter for a swing job. And 6 months in position for an rtd!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
FedEx can have you sign and swear to anything they want - there really isn't squat they're going do to you if you bail right after RTD training. The FBI ain't comin' ta getcha.

Serf

It's true. The RTD's that are regulars at the bulk stops I go to bring new hires with them for some orientation. They are always saying: "I've never seen it this way before." We can't keep anyone. This is especially disturbing for me because any replacement RTD with less than 10 years service most likely cannot back a trailer into a loading dock. I kid you not. And when they do, it's like a 30 minute ordeal. Versus the old guard people who can do it in 1 shot.

Csdsm18

Would you say RTD position is a much better career choice at fedex express? Can one make a good living off of it? Very interested in getting into once I obtain my cdl permit.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Would you say RTD position is a much better career choice at fedex express? Can one make a good living off of it? Very interested in getting into once I obtain my cdl permit.
Yes. No stress except when worrying about crazy drivers. AGFS is a whole different world than DGO. A lot of wait time. I think the pay is equal to cover driver. Don't know if it's been changed or not. Let FedEx pay for your training. Don't pay for it yourself. All you have to do is get the temporary CDL. Fedex will pay for the rest.

SmithBarney

Yes its been mentioned before, put in some time at a RTD CTV driver, put Fedex Express on your resume, and walk off into the sunset. RTV off the street step 1 driver makes 16-17hr at Base pay.