No Raise this Year?

Gone fishin

Walmart is building 8 super distribution facilities to combat Walmart. Target ,Home Depot and the rest are all stepping up their on line game. Amazon will take a beating with half filled planes and trucks.
Bezos is not as smart as he thinks he is , these companies aren't just gonna roll over for him
I meant to combat amazon. Long night

vantexan

As long as it continues to issue new shares.
Have they had an IPO recently? Shares traded on the stock exchange are owned by individuals, mutual funds, etc. That money doesn't go to Amazon. Companies receive money from the selling of shares when they have an Initial Public Offering, usually done when a company is created or when they go from private to public ownership. Companies tend to restrict how many shares are on the open market because too many dilutes their value and makes them vulnerable to hostile takeovers. High stock price reflects the success a company is having, the confidence the public has in it's ability to create profits and pay dividends. Thus the demand for X amount of available shares drives the price up, and lack of demand drives the price down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have they had an IPO recently? Shares traded on the stock exchange are owned by individuals, mutual funds, etc. That money doesn't go to Amazon. Companies receive money from the selling of shares when they have an Initial Public Offering, usually done when a company is created or when they go from private to public ownership. Companies tend to restrict how many shares are on the open market because too many dilutes their value and makes them vulnerable to hostile takeovers. High stock price reflects the success a company is having, the confidence the public has in it's ability to create profits and pay dividends. Thus the demand for X amount of available shares drives the price up, and lack of demand drives the price down.

P/E is a better indicator of performance.

bacha29

For a guy who claims not to have a pot to piss in or a window to through it out of you seem to know a lot about stocks. How many shares of Amazon do you own? Oh by the way Amazon is trading at 188 times earnings.

vantexan

For a guy who claims not to have a pot to piss in or a window to through it out of you seem to know a lot about stocks. How many shares of Amazon do you own? Oh by the way Amazon is trading at 188 times earnings.
Ever see "Quigley Down Under?" Tom Selleck outdraws the bad guy and says he said he didn't prefer using pistols but never said he didn't know how to use one. Love that line.

bacha29

Ever see "Quigley Down Under?" Tom Selleck outdraws the bad guy and says he said he didn't prefer using pistols but never said he didn't know how to use one. Love that line.
What does a 30 year old spaghetti western starring a television actor have to do with this? Better go check you blood sugar.

vantexan

I remember you bragging about your exploits!
Bragging? I was honest enough to admit I came up short to a jerk who assumes couriers don't have a clue about anything. Want bragging? I've forgotten more about some subjects than you'll ever know. There you go sport.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think Amazon is in for a rude awakening.
If FedEx and UPS could grow a pair and charge them full price, they would fall on their face.

Let them delivered all of their crap during Xmas and see how bad they fail.

The customers won't put up with that.

I don't know. Amazon has very deep pockets, and the theory has generally been that when Bezos controls enough market share, prices will be raised because the alternatives have been driven out of business or minimalized. At that point, Amazon becomes very profitable.

Right now, the big difference is that Amazon is a private carrier, not a common carrier, Nobody has indicated that Bezos wants to carry anything but his own freight.

I don't know. Amazon has very deep pockets, and the theory has generally been that when Bezos controls enough market share, prices will be raised because the alternatives have been driven out of business or minimalized. At that point, Amazon becomes very profitable.

Right now, the big difference is that Amazon is a private carrier, not a common carrier, Nobody has indicated that Bezos wants to carry anything but his own freight.
He better work his ass off for Christmas.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I had to explain to a guy, that at the rate Fedex is going, he would never catch me (topping out). If they continue to give you 6% and I get 3%, it's the same as you getting 0% and I get 3%. Actually, it's worse since I'm topped out, and he's only at $20.00 ($1.20-$0.87=$0.33).

It's not like, they can't give us old-timers nothing (like they did the handlers/office workers). So their 10-step plan is a joke, to keep them around till they retire. It's not 10 years honey, it's however long they want to drag it out.