No response from my supe...

theUPSman

I've asked my head supervisor 3 times in the past 4 weeks if he could set me up a road test to drive on Saturday. He keeps telling me that he'll "see what he can do." I'm tempted to go to another on-road supe and ask if he'll set it up. Should I do that? Why can't they just take the time to set it up?

brownrodster

I've asked my head supervisor 3 times in the past 4 weeks if he could set me up a road test to drive on Saturday. He keeps telling me that he'll "see what he can do." I'm tempted to go to another on-road supe and ask if he'll set it up. Should I do that? Why can't they just take the time to set it up?

Do they actually need saturday drivers ? Do you have more seniority than other people who wish to drive on saturday?

browniehound

My guess is that your Sups. are working around 70 hrs. per week and based on their salary its equates to around $18 per hour. They have a very difficult job and very long hours. I'm thinking helping you practice for a road test is at the VERY bottom of their daily PLAN! Its probably not even on the page!

brownrodster

My guess is that your Sups. are working around 70 hrs. per week and based on their salary its equates to around $18 per hour. They have a very difficult job and very long hours. I'm thinking helping you practice for a road test is at the VERY bottom of their daily PLAN! Its probably not even on the page!

And it won't appear on their page until that don't have enough people to drive on saturday and they are forced to run a route most likely!

The Mook

Go to HR. That is unfortunately where the chain of command starts in this situation. Next step is Center manager. I know how frustrating this process is. I suggest you send a message to Bellesotico. Her handle is BOXSTAR. She just went through this BS.

beefbag

You must be a sup! grow a set if you are.

W

westsideworma

oh ok! it's cool! one thing I won't do at UPS is go into management, as I've heard way too many complaints about it!

to be quite honest its really more of the same lol.

Nothing is ever good enough blah blah blah and once we make the number that is asked of us regularly , it is then raised lol. They've got a little better about that with us but we're at the point where a lot of hourlies just don't want to help out anymore (go the extra mile) because they aren't getting their hours and while I completely understand why they feel that way (felt the same when I was a loader), it still sucks for us.

Its too bad though because we've got some good (great even) people working at our building, but they're abused because they go all out. Send him here, send her there, then send them back to do their actual job which is now way behind. Not hard to see why some get burnt out.

outamyway

You have to attend a week of driver training before you can drive. If there are no full time or part time driver postitions available there will be no classes. The first "can you drive a manual transmission" road test is done by one of the guys in HR.

You need to talk to someone in HR to see if anything is available.

brownrodster

You have to attend a week of driver training before you can drive. If there are no full time or part time driver postitions available there will be no classes. The first "can you drive a manual transmission" road test is done by one of the guys in HR.

My 'can you drive' test was administered by a full time preload supervisor. We have no HR stationed in our building.

Who is the 'head sup.' Is he/she a part time supervisor ? If so then you are completely wasting your time. Find the center manager and pester him/her.