"No scans list"

wayfair

swollen member
Most of the time they send me an ODS telling me to sheet as missed. If by chance they don't I simply bring the package in to the office and let them take care of it as sheeting it as missed without permission is not a battle I feel is worth fighting.
We are specifically told to sheet as missed if no one is available to shuttle or if we can not deliver.
Warning letters are issued out daily by the dozen. It's not a battle, just wad

Foamer Pyle

I know some guys will disagree, but I call the center for any package not found in Edd, and if the package never comes out of Edd, like found in other location, I have the package tracked at center. I have found that some times management will find packages left at building and then enter them as known closed or some other BS to cover their butts. Always CYA at UPS.

I used to think like that. Until I realized that I can accumulate so many DOT hours doing this I can get off early on Friday or more often than not be given the day off.

And a note to declining services at UPS: we have 3 routes than service the very rural outer limits of our service area, Im talking an hour and a half drive at least to the first stop and probably 3 hours back to the building from the farthest out stop. These routes regularly work 12 - 14 hours daily. Instead of putting in more routes or adjusting work loads to prevent service failures on every Friday, the company has decided to just roll everything that gets missed. Of course this has lead to more customers coming to pick stuff up which then reduced the hours on these routes. But remember according to every corporate prick who has given a speech in our PCM "The difference with UPS is service"
Definitely not the same company I went to work for 10 yrs ago. Bottom line is more important than customer service. Where as service trumped everything when I started.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had two drivers fired this week for not scanning packages on their car. The bad part about this is our new Center Manager told everybody up front that they were scanning loads. Failure to follow directions and integrity, our Shop Steward just threw his hands up in the air during a PCM while addressing this. Scan everything folks, smoking packages isn't worth it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We had two drivers fired this week for not scanning packages on their car. The bad part about this is our new Center Manager told everybody up front that they were scanning loads. Failure to follow directions and integrity, our Shop Steward just threw his hands up in the air during a PCM while addressing this. Scan everything folks, smoking packages isn't worth it.
So they delivered a pkg that they forgot about to scan or never d liveried the package...

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Most of the time they send me an ODS telling me to sheet as missed. If by chance they don't I simply bring the package in to the office and let them take care of it as sheeting it as missed without permission is not a battle I feel is worth fighting.

When you are instructed to record a pkg. as missed, do you enter any explanation in the remarks field?