No scans

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsman68, Jul 1, 2015.

1. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

We were told today that if you have a no scan and your load was scan checked that you will be fired immediately. What happened to progressive discipline? I'm sure you will probably get your job back but who wants to go through that.
  2. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

So scan everything.
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I assume you are talking about delivery scans and not pick up scans. Why would you not scan a delivery? Trying to hide something? Yes I have seen drivers terminated for this.
  4. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

I do scan everything but I mean what happened to warning letter, suspension and termination.
  5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Because this is dishonesty which is a fireable offense.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

Missing a package at a dump stop is not dishonest. It's a mistake which happens.
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. shepski79

shepski79 New Member

Call your on car sup for everything you s question for. The war has begun
  8. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

We're told to go through our loads by 2 PM for misloads. Anyone else have that?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

It's not dishonesty ups can try to do that but they will lose and they know you said it's not dishonesty it's a most methods and procedures warning letter
  10. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

The driver got fired for missing a scan or did they catch him stealing?
  11. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

Yes we do that also
  12. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

That's BS! You never make a mistake, miss a scan while stacking a bunch of packages? Warning letter, warning letter, suspension, termination! Read your contract, innocent until proven guilty. Most drivers care about their jobs, about service and making sure UPS stays profitable. Stand up and support each other!
  13. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

They are big on no scans here also. Just communicate when you don't have a package. Mistake happen. They can't fire you for that. Especially if they contact the customer and they inform them that they have said package.
  14. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

You know that is not part of the methods!

and with 100 degree heat, I'm not doing it.... sorry
  15. Technology is good enough these days, they should be able to track any & all parcels you toggle "not found" on. & if you miss a scan, they should be able to track it & see it was left at a business. Would make it super easy to find any thieves too.
  16. PT Car Washer

I mean finding a package later in the day or a misload you don't feel like going back to deliver so you just throw it in with your pick ups. I see a lot of delivery packages being unloaded without a service cross and just left on the truck.
  17. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

The biggest issue I have with these "no scans" is the fact that Ive been blamed for a no scan I know dam well I did not have, yet I showed up on the no scan report the next day... Whats up with that?
  18. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

There's no way they can fire you for this. It's quite possible (and will happen to everyone) that a misload happens to go un-scanned because it accidentally gets buried by send agains or P/U's during the day. An honest mistake. Could easily be a letter out of view on the top shelf and a P/U gets thrown on it.
  19. PT Car Washer

True that can happen. Most times it is the driver wanting to get off early and not wanting to run a misload.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Falsifying records?