No scans

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's BS! You never make a mistake, miss a scan while stacking a bunch of packages? Warning letter, warning letter, suspension, termination! Read your contract, innocent until proven guilty. Most drivers care about their jobs, about service and making sure UPS stays profitable. Stand up and support each other!
Your Edd will show 1 missing. Yeah it happens. Go back and rescan everything and count them.

Brownslave688

Sorry totally disagree.
Is it a total dick move on their part year sure it is but it's also a total dick move to toss a package in with pick up pieces. Don't act like it never happens. Because if it never happened we wouldn't be having this conversation

upsman68

Sorry totally disagree.
I deliver to a post office. Sometimes the bags I deliver there have used labels on them. One time I scanned the old label and I had one missing and I called in that I was missing a bag when actually it was there. Is that dishonest? No it is not. Now they make sure they rip off the old labels on all the bags so it does not happen again

CHALLY9TX

I deliver to a post office. Sometimes the bags I deliver there have used labels on them. One time I scanned the old label and I had one missing and I called in that I was missing a bag when actually it was there. Is that dishonest? No it is not. Now they make sure they rip off the old labels on all the bags so it does not happen again

This is a different scenario.

upsman68

Is it a total dick move on their part year sure it is but it's also a total dick move to toss a package in with pick up pieces. Don't act like it never happens. Because if it never happened we wouldn't be having this conversation
You could do that back before all the technology but today that is hard to do and not get caught. I always run the misload if I can. If I can't I give it to a sup and let them take care of it.

Brownslave688

I know it's asking a lot of this company but you'd like to think there's some common sense involved.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Your Edd will show 1 missing. Yeah it happens. Go back and rescan everything and count them.
They've been giving drivers on routes with bob trucks a hard time about missed scans here lately. Sorry, I can't just rescan the 200+ packages I just undloaded to find out if I missed 1 scan. Mainly because the receiver has 4 people processing them as I'm scanning and unloading them and they're stacked on pallets before I'm even done. The noise in some of these places is so loud you can't even hear the board beep, it's easy to miss one. It's an easy fix if the receiver also has their own scanners though. If their count is one higher than mine: details, get the last 4 digits, find bc, problem solved.

Missed scans are bound to happen, the people abusing the system by hiding misloads are making it all more complicated than it has to be. Running a misload 15 minutes off area is easy money.

Brownslave688

They've been giving drivers on routes with bob trucks a hard time about missed scans here lately. Sorry, I can't just rescan the 200+ packages I just undloaded to find out if I missed 1 scan. Mainly because the receiver has 4 people processing them as I'm scanning and unloading them and they're stacked on pallets before I'm even done. The noise in some of these places is so loud you can't even hear the board beep, it's easy to miss one. It's an easy fix if the receiver also has their own scanners though. If their count is one higher than mine: details, get the last 4 digits, find bc, problem solved.

Missed scans are bound to happen, the people abusing the system by hiding misloads are making it all more complicated than it has to be. Running a misload 15 minutes off area is easy money.
Yeah we had a massive bulk stop like 3 25 trailers a day. I remember once a new driver delivered there and they were all over him for 8 missed scans. He said out of 3000 I think that's pretty good. Lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's not called a no scan report--it's the DND report and it's big nationally right now. DND is short for destination not delivered meaning the package made it to its destination center but didn't have a disposition (sheeted delivery attempt).

That being said simply having a package mixed in with your pickup pieces can't get you permanently fired unless the company can prove you did it intentionally. Bottom line: Make sure you sheet every package in your truck and stay organized/keep your pickup pieces segregated.

wayfair

swollen member
sorry for the guy getting the new Marshall guitar amp.... double stack, even....... shshshs wouldn't fit on the PC.... thanks dispatcher

By The Book

We were told today that if you have a no scan and your load was scan checked that you will be fired immediately. What happened to progressive discipline? I'm sure you will probably get your job back but who wants to go through that.
Who does this scan check? Who verifies this scan check? Ask for a copy of this scan check. Scan every package every day and report missing packages and misroutes at the time you come across them, cya! Don't hit the not found key until your in the building, it's your reminder that you still have a pkg that isn't scanned. If you hit the not found key and find the pkg later there's a good chance you will forget you have it., and you guessed it a missed scan, an honest mistake?, maybe but by hitting the not found key it may appear as if you are hiding something.

PrimeUPS

Who does this scan check? Who verifies this scan check? Ask for a copy of this scan check. Scan every package every day and report missing packages and misroutes at the time you come across them, cya! Don't hit the not found key until your in the building, it's your reminder that you still have a pkg that isn't scanned. If you hit the not found key and find the pkg later there's a good chance you will forget you have it., and you guessed it a missed scan, an honest mistake?, maybe but by hitting the not found key it may appear as if you are hiding something.

You're talking about two different things.
First, there's DNED (as has been said) this is where the building has scanned the pkg in the primary. It's not saying it made it to your car, it's not saying anything other than it was in the building for delivery today. It's essentially MIA. If it was misloaded, then EVERYONE needs to help each other out and scan it. By you not scanning it, you're guaranteeing that someone will get written up for it. If it was LIB, then EVERYONE needs to help each other and scan it. If it was damaged, scan it! Scan it scan it scan it! I've seen too many eTT printouts where preload had it and it disappears for a day and then all of a sudden it gets a TWI scan. Know what that means, that means a driver had it, didn't scan it, and either dumped it on the belt RTB or left it in a pile of pu's that Metro unloaders then belted for you. Scan it scan it scan it. This is simple, we get paid to scan and transport packages. We don't get paid to scan them and let them sit. We don't get paid to just transport them willy nilly. It's a scan-transport system. So yes, if you fail to follow either of those, you will see discipline up to and including termination. Help us all out, my pkg ends up in your car, scan it. I don't want to be on the dirty rotten list and I'll do the same for you.
There's a scan check, whereby preload or center supervisors audit scan cars. The scans are done by car so there's no "well I know I didn't have that pkg", well it was on your car! If you show up on that report, expect some discipline out of it.
Nobody does these per se, they are system mechanisms that are part of our tracking systems. No verification is needed. Just scan everything and sheet it appropriately and encourage everyone else to do the same and nobody will need to worry about a talk with much less termination.
Both of these are flavors of the month right now, be prepared. Scan every package, or find different work.