No scans

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What if they tell you to bring it back so that they can exception code as LIB? Would you be OK w/that?

Nope. That is falsifying records. I scan everything on the truck. If it is not delivered, it is missed.

They have said to bring it back and they will have someone else take it out and deliver it.

That only happened once. They knew it was not going back out. They just didn't want me to scan it as missed.

I took care of that problem the next time I saw the DM.

AKCoverMan

can they see that you hit not found at the time you hit it? or only at the end of the day
The "not found" key simply removes it from the display on your DIAD. It does not remove it from EDD and the center does not know you can't find it. Send in free form ODS message "123 MAIN ST / 1 NOT FOUND"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The "not found" key simply removes it from the display on your DIAD. It does not remove it from EDD and the center does not know you can't find it. Send in free form ODS message "123 MAIN ST / 1 NOT FOUND"

You need to include the 1Z, especially if there are multiple packages for 123 Main St.

CHALLY9TX

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435977696.725993.jpg
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435977718.178026.jpg
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435977772.132581.jpg

AKCoverMan

CHALLY9TX

Yes, yes, I get all that. But the fact that it is in my EDD is no proof that it is on my car.

Today I was missing two. Sent msg on both. One disappeared when it was found elsewhere. Other never did. I had a lot of CLH send agains but I'm sure it was not on board.

It was not scanned before I punched out. I guess I'm fired. I need some time off anyway. :laugh:

As long as your CYA you're good

AKCoverMan

It would make their job much easier if you gave them the tracking number.

Seems like it would take a lot more time. I can't see the 1Z while I'm in message sending mode and you can't cut and paste. But I'll ask my OMSs if this (or the last four digits) will help them.

Frankly I believe there should be a quick message sending function to report not founds similar to the function for reporting Misloads. Would eliminate a lot of keystrokes.

By The Book

They can see on the screen that I delivered x number and that one remains, why do I need to tell them info they can already see?
Our OMS person goes to the address on their screen and checks the delivery and doesn't need the tracking number. If I say I'm missing a pkg for a certain address they start checking around for it, neighboring routes, misloads text alerts, and then if all goes well they send an OMS message back but they never ask for the tracking number.

JL 0513

We're not allowed to sheet packages as missed in my center. That really forces falsifying records and is total BS.

What I don't get is that clearly my center's management imposes this because of higher managements review of reports. Yet other centers clearly use "missed". Is it just some just don't want to deal with the heat of higher management? I've seen sups not in 1 10 missed stops that a driver couldn't deliver. Just wanted driver in so he could leave.

By The Book

We're not allowed to sheet packages as missed in my center. That really forces falsifying records and is total BS.

What I don't get is that clearly my center's management imposes this because of higher managements review of reports. Yet other centers clearly use "missed". Is it just some just don't want to deal with the heat of higher management? I've seen sups not in 1 10 missed stops that a driver couldn't deliver. Just wanted driver in so he could leave.
Once again we as drivers have to follow their rules, which they don't follow.

JL 0513

Once again we as drivers have to follow their rules, which they don't follow.

The job would be a lot easier with one set of rules, but there are 2 sets.

Just like we can't sheet something damaged when it's damaged. Even though corporate training still says to do so. We have to sheet as refused, customer didn't want. Even though you never made contact with the customer. Then the customer sees this online and says they didn't refuse it. And here we go....